Windows 10: internet connection problems on my laptop

Discus and support internet connection problems on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have connected my Laptop to the internet via an ethernet, when I create a hotspot with it, the only website i can access is YouTube and google. when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian Otsieno Musumba, Jun 25, 2022.

1. internet connection problems on my laptop

I have connected my Laptop to the internet via an ethernet, when I create a hotspot with it, the only website i can access is YouTube and google. when i turn it off, all websites works just fine. initially it worked fine, how do i fix this to both work as before? it is like if i use the hotspot, i can not access the internet on the same laptop but other devices work when hotspot is on.

:)

Brian Otsieno Musumba, Jun 25, 2022
  2. quasar923 Win User

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Jun 25, 2022
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Jun 25, 2022
  4. internet connection problems on my laptop

Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

internet connection problems on my laptop

1. internet connection problems on my laptop - Similar Threads - internet connection problems

2. My laptop connected to internet but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop connected to internet but no internet: My laptop got connected with wifi but has no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-connected-to-internet-but-no-internet/45f4b5ae-3c84-4d9d-92ec-ef868692e2eb
  3. My laptop connected to internet but no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop connected to internet but no internet: My laptop got connected with wifi but has no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-connected-to-internet-but-no-internet/45f4b5ae-3c84-4d9d-92ec-ef868692e2eb
  4. internet connection problems on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection problems on my laptop: I have connected my Laptop to the internet via an ethernet, when I create a hotspot with it, the only website i can access is YouTube and google. when i turn it off, all websites works just fine. initially it worked fine, how do i fix this to both work as before? it is like...
  5. Lenova Laptop internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenova Laptop internet connection problem: Dear Microsoft,im having a few issues with my Lenova tablet/laptop. I have BT internet it works with every other device in my house which are different ranges around. Unfortunately with my lenova, it connects ok when im beside the hub but once i move a short distance away it...
  6. Lenova Laptop internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenova Laptop internet connection problem: Dear Microsoft,im having a few issues with my Lenova tablet/laptop. I have BT internet it works with every other device in my house which are different ranges around. Unfortunately with my lenova, it connects ok when im beside the hub but once i move a short distance away it...
  7. Lenova Laptop internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Problems with my laptop. Internet connection

Problems with my laptop. Internet connection: Hello, I am experiencing an annoying issue with my laptop. I accidentally had to turn off something in settings. My laptop doesn't show me the internet connection icon. I have to connect to the internet manually. Also, every microsoft service for example xbox, microsoft edge,...
  9. Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop: Hello, Grandson has a hp Laptop about a year old. W10 Wouldn't connect, but I was lucky enough to note in their manual that the Airplane Logo key controlled access to the internet, and was an On/Off key for. Youngster, and must have pressed it inadvertently; easy to do....
  10. Laptop internet connection problem

Laptop internet connection problem: Both laptops in our household are not connecting to the internet, although all our tablets and phones are fine. Both laptops were connecting fine early last week. Have there been updates or changes to Microsoft that would affect laptops connectivity?...