Windows 10: Internet connection randomly stops working

Discus and support Internet connection randomly stops working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, my internet connection randomly stops working. It shows the yellow icon, and the only way to fix it is the run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tidakriger, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Internet connection randomly stops working

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, my internet connection randomly stops working. It shows the yellow icon, and the only way to fix it is the run the troubleshoot. The issue is that it's not a rare occasion - happening only a few times a day - it happens a couple times an hour. It usually occurs when I'm browsing the internet, like when I try to find a solution, or sometime during when I have a game running full screen (almost never happens when the game is not in full screen).

After the troubleshoot is completed, one of three messages appears. The first, and most common, being that connection was restored. The second message, and one with the yellow icon and not a green checkmark, says that the connection between the modem and/or router and the internet was not established, although the message below usually says that it fixed the issue, and I can continue using the internet. The last message that I've gotten from the troubleshoot says that the IP was not correct, and that is was fixed.

The issue is pretty annoying, and I've received some "tips" that may help, but they all involve either things I've tried, such as restarting my computer or the router. I also received a recommendation that seemed to complicated for me and that I have no idea what will happen if I actually go through with it.

On that note, the complicated things. The first recommendation was to perform a Network Reset, but I am not sure exactly what things will be uninstalled/reinstalled or settings restored to default, or any other things that may happen (such as me losing temporary or important files).

If anyone can help me with what might be happening here, why, and how to fix it, that would be extremely helpful to me. And if the solution is to "reset" or "uninstall" something, please provide further details as to why, what the program(s) do, and what will happen - aside from potentially fixing my issue - once it is removed.

:)

Tidakriger, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Casheti Win User

Internet stops working randomly...

Hi...I use Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer...they both work fine...and then all of a sudden, my internet stops working...I have recently found out if i connect to 62.252.64.16:8080, I can use the internet again...but it always works on auto detect proxy settings until that time it just goes...so why does it just...stop working??? And when I set it to connect to 62.252.64.16:8080, EVERYTHING apart from AIM works....wtf....please...I am in DESPERATE NEED OF ASSISTANCE...NTL CUSTOMER SERVICES IS BULLSHIT AND DOESN'T HELP

Casheti, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Internet randomly stops working on laptop

Hi,

Several factors may affect your Internet connection that may potentially affect its performance or for it to stop working randomly. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Is this the first time that you've encountered the issue using your laptop?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your laptop prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot of the exact error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Internet connection randomly stops working

Wi-Fi - randomly stops working and cannot connect to internet message

I Hope that somebody can help with this one ...

Randomly my Wi-Fi Internet stops working, with a not connected icon in the system tray. When i click on the icon the network is there in the list. I Click on connect and then i get a 'Cannot connect to the internet' message.

if i reboot the Wi-Fi reconnects and all is well, but this means i have to close everything down and restart, then re-load everything once again.

I am running Redstone 2 version of Windows - 1703 (build 15063.250)
    The Wireless adaptor driver is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adaptor.

The problem has only arisen recently after weeks of smooth running after the Redstone 2 upgrade.

bluemoon4ever, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Internet connection randomly stops working

1. Internet connection randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Internet connection randomly

2. Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working: I've been searching the internet for days about this problem and no one seems to have an answer to it, so here's my shot in the dark:Randomly, and I mean randomly as in nothing prompts this to happen, it just happens at, well, random times, my internet connection will simply...
  3. Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working: I've been searching the internet for days about this problem and no one seems to have an answer to it, so here's my shot in the dark:Randomly, and I mean randomly as in nothing prompts this to happen, it just happens at, well, random times, my internet connection will simply...
  4. Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet connection stops working when downloading

Internet connection stops working when downloading: I recently got a new PC and my WIFI is fast but for some reason when lets say I download something like a small file and I open to a new page while downloading it will take forever to load and whatever I have on screen will disconnect. I tested doing the same thing on my old...
  6. Internet connection and sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection and sound stopped working.: I was trying to fix an unexpected store exception BSOD, found out that reinstalling monitor driver would help. So I unninstalled it, everything was all right until I restarted the pc, Internet cable is connected but its like connected without Internet. And there is a red x on...
  7. Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet randomly stops working: (I apologize for bad english, not my first language) Since July I've noticed that my connection randomly stops working every once in a while (usually every 15/30 minutes). It usually stops working, then I deactivate and reactivate the Wi-fi and it goes back to normal....
  8. stopping internet connection

stopping internet connection: I want to stop my internet connection for a few minutes. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopping-internet-connection/1e160dce-8608-4f2b-b074-c0647891371c
  9. Internet "Connect Automatically" stopped working

Internet "Connect Automatically" stopped working: Every time I wake my computer or reboot, even though I have my 2.4GHz channel checked to "Connect Automatically," the checkmark disappears and I have to connect manually. Any ideas? Thank you. 122198
  10. Wi-Fi - randomly stops working and cannot connect to internet message

Wi-Fi - randomly stops working and cannot connect to internet message: I Hope that somebody can help with this one ... Randomly my Wi-Fi Internet stops working, with a not connected icon in the system tray. When i click on the icon the network is there in the list. I Click on connect and then i get a 'Cannot connect to the internet' message....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 internet connection stops working