Windows 10: Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability

Discus and support Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Internet Connection Sharing in Windows to provide my VirtualBox-VMs with internet, via VirtualBox Host-Adapter I need to do it this way for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adelinu_909, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability

I use Internet Connection Sharing in Windows to provide my VirtualBox-VMs with internet, via VirtualBox Host-Adapter I need to do it this way for certain reasons.The problem is that - once I enable ICS, "ping 127.0.0.1 -t" on host machine times out.It intermittently comes back up after a while, and then down again, and so on it goes up and down continuously.Once I disable ICS, works like charm once again, ping replies instantly <1ms.This affects some other software I use, which tries to open local port to 127.0.0.1 and does not bind to it, as it sees that is down

:)

Adelinu_909, Jul 18, 2021
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability

OpenVPN Server / Internet Connection Sharing / Routing / IPV6

I'm trying to get an openvpn server running on windows 10 (pro), version 1607. It's working for ipv4, but not ipv6. I'm specifically trying to get it working with ipv4 and ipv6 to test for a problem with openvpn. I'm testing with ipv6-test.com and test-ipv6.com. The client and the server are connecting and both ipv4 and ipv6 are working between the client and the server (the client can ping server), but I can't get any ipv6 traffic to pass through the server.

I'm wondering about internet connection sharing. There don't appear to be any specific ICS settings that relate to this issue. Alternatively, it could be routing.

Any suggestions?

bimmerdriver, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability

1. Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Sharing

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity: Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6 has no network access. I can not access the internet. I’ve tried 3 different types of network adapters including Ethernet....
  6. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity: Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6 has no network access. I can not access the internet. I’ve tried 3 different types of network adapters including Ethernet....
  7. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

8. IPV4 connectivity : No internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IPV4 connectivity : No internet access: IPV4 connectivity : No internet access Since ipv4 is not working, i can only browse google/youtube/facebook/blogspot etc which run on ipv6, other website like reddit/steam etc just doesn't work. First of all, this connection is established via ethernet cable, and i almost...
  9. "Npcap Loopback Adapter No internet

"Npcap Loopback Adapter No internet: Suddenly I get message "Npcap Loopback Adapter No internet". Device manager shows it to be the latest, working properly. I have internet through FIOS. I disabled and re-enabled driver, and rebooted wi-fi and I still get message. I never had this driver pop up before latest...
  10. IPV4 Settings - No Internet Connection

IPV4 Settings - No Internet Connection: Hi everyone, I am having a very specific issue that no one seems to be able to resolve, including my ISP. I have a BT Net line that comes with a Sisco 1900 series router (this doesn't come with DHCP). I run one PC directly via Ethernet cable and have set the IP Address...