Windows 10: Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop

Discus and support Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote DesktopAfter the 06 cumulative update of Windows 10 Version 21H2, the Internet connection sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MicroAaron, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop

Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote DesktopAfter the 06 cumulative update of Windows 10 Version 21H2, the Internet connection sharing cannot be accessed by other computers remotely. Remote desktop access is possible after Internet Connection Sharing is turned off. If Internet Connection Sharing is turned on while the remote desktop is being remoted, the remote desktop will be disconnected immediately.

:)

MicroAaron, Jun 17, 2022
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop

1. Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Sharing

2. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.: At home I setup a new windows 10 machine installed all OS updates and a new router. I got all the settings down to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my Macbook and it worked like a charm. I took the setup to the installation site and of course Remote Desktop could no longer...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  5. Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop: Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote DesktopAfter the 06 cumulative update of Windows 10 Version 21H2, the Internet connection sharing cannot be accessed by other computers remotely. Remote desktop access is possible after Internet Connection Sharing is turned...
  6. Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop

Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote Desktop: Internet Connection Sharing conflicts with Remote DesktopAfter the 06 cumulative update of Windows 10 Version 21H2, the Internet connection sharing cannot be accessed by other computers remotely. Remote desktop access is possible after Internet Connection Sharing is turned...
  7. ms remote desktop without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms remote desktop without internet connection?: I want to use ms remote desktop to control a computer mounted on my remote telescope, but I have no internet connection. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-remote-desktop-without-internet-connection/f8d345d2-a82f-4896-8b0f-9e9c38707487
  8. ms remote desktop without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms remote desktop without internet connection?: I want to use ms remote desktop to control a computer mounted on my remote telescope, but I have no internet connection. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-remote-desktop-without-internet-connection/f8d345d2-a82f-4896-8b0f-9e9c38707487
  9. ms remote desktop without internet connection?

10. Sharing with desktops connected to the same internet?

Sharing with desktops connected to the same internet?: Hello, I recently reset my computer and now when I right click on a page or site, it'll say "Share with (insert desktop name here)" which is another computer in my house. How can I turn this off?...