Windows 10: Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

Discus and support Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,Some weeks ago I created a VPN at my home with OpenVPN 2.6.4. I installed server version on my home workstation Windows 10 Pro 22H2 version that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Margenius Snake, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

Hi,Some weeks ago I created a VPN at my home with OpenVPN 2.6.4. I installed server version on my home workstation Windows 10 Pro 22H2 version that I can access from my Android phone and other PCs out of my home. It worked well on these days on both client and server side, but suddenly a strange issue occurred: ICS Service sometimes began to stop automatically and obviously connection sharing was interrupted. If I restarted the service manually it kept running without problems. So I checked ICS settings and everywhere these seems to be corrects. Yesterday I set ICS Service to start automatic

:)

Margenius Snake, Jun 7, 2023

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

Summary:

We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and have a hard time figuring out the root cause.

Now to the problem:

System information:

Version BuildNumber
    ------- -----------
    10.0.19042 19042

Some info about the host system (PC)

Installed windows updates:

Source Description HotFixID InstalledBy InstalledOn

------ ----------- -------- ----------- -----------

634-CR-10 Update KB4598299 04.02.2021 00:00:00

634-CR-10 Update KB4562830 19.11.2020 00:00:00

634-CR-10 Security Update KB4570334 18.11.2020 00:00:00

634-CR-10 Security Update KB4580325 10.01.2021 00:00:00

634-CR-10 Update KB4586858 04.02.2021 00:00:00

634-CR-10 Security Update KB4593175 04.02.2021 00:00:00

634-CR-10 Security Update KB4598481 10.01.2021 00:00:00

634-CR-10 Security Update KB4598242 10.01.2021 00:00:00

Current Workaround :

To “restart” the ICS and get things running again we have to do the following steps.

• Remove the ICS for the Device
    • Add the ICS for the Device again

This restores functionality back to normal

Frequency of the problem:

We have this solution running on ca 100 PC’s since beginning of October this year, all having the same configuration. ICS have failed on ca 70% out of the 100, and after the setup failure, (whitch mostly happens within a week, sometimes two weeks, and sometimes within a few days), the ICS is removed and configured again. Only a few have failed a second time.

Kristofer Magnusson, Jun 7, 2023
  3. I3V
    i3v Win User
    ICS (Internet connection sharing) dosent work in Windows 10 1607

For me, ICS recently broke on 1703 a while ago.

Down to «Error 1753: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. ».

I've migrated to 1709 - and for a couple of days it worked normally. Now, it's broken again.

There's a chance that some common update package causes this on all versions. But I've not tried to find it yet.

Related feedback on feedback hub (for insiders):

Non of them looks 100% perfect for me, so I've created one more:

Please consider upvoting, adding screenshot, your reproductions and etc if you want this fixed.

Personally, I was able to fix this by resetting firewall rules, as suggested in

Problems with Internet Connection Sharing after 2017-11 Windows 10 Update [Temporary fix found]

Simply do "Start -> type 'firewall' -> restore default policy" (consider creating a backup with "export Policy" before erasing it).

I'm not sure, maybe the issue would be back in a couple of days....

4. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

Unable to stop Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

Hi, I was unable to stop ICS on my Services control panel. The error message shows,

```

Windows could not stop the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

```

I am running on Windows 10 Pro.

Tried the approaches in Redirecting but did not work out for me.

Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot 92db1c92-e92b-4b8e-b705-c41aa01dc45b?upload=true.png

ZhaoConnor, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

1. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Sharing

2. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot: Hi,Some weeks ago I created a VPN at my home with OpenVPN 2.6.4. I installed server version on my home workstation Windows 10 Pro 22H2 version that I can access from my Android phone and other PCs out of my home. It worked well on these days on both client and server side,...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing ICS stop after reboot: Hi,Some weeks ago I created a VPN at my home with OpenVPN 2.6.4. I installed server version on my home workstation Windows 10 Pro 22H2 version that I can access from my Android phone and other PCs out of my home. It worked well on these days on both client and server side,...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  5. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  6. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet Connection Sharing ICS doesn't work by default after reboot in Windows 10 only...

Internet Connection Sharing ICS doesn't work by default after reboot in Windows 10 only...: Came across this thread from 2016 referring to ICS not working in Windows 10 build 1607 post reboot, and yet it is 2021 and I am still experiencing this issue on Windows 10 20H2. I am sure I am not the only one. That thread is locked so I am making a new thread. be advised I...
  8. Unable to stop Internet Connection Sharing ICS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to stop Internet Connection Sharing ICS: Hi, I was unable to stop ICS on my Services control panel. The error message shows, ``` Windows could not stop the Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service...
  9. Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue: So I've got two PCs running Windows 1903, one laptop, one desktop. I cannot run an ethernet cable to my router, but I can run one from my laptop to my desktop. I enabled ICS and BOOM, it was awesome at first. Now it's shockingly sluggish and I'm lucky if I get any data...
  10. Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) never starts

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) never starts: After the most recent Feature Update (1709) it turned out that I can't use my Mobile Hotspot option anymore. After checking all possible options and searching for advises on the Internet for similar issues, I realized that in Services.msc, the status of Internet Connection...