Windows 10: Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access

Discus and support Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to share my wifi connection with my ethernet port. When I share my wifi the ethernet is not getting any internet/wifi access. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geolpop, Oct 27, 2020.

1. geolpop Win User

Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access

I am trying to share my wifi connection with my ethernet port.

When I share my wifi the ethernet is not getting any internet/wifi access.

This option worked intermittently for me but now I can never get a connection.

Does anyone have a solution.

Many thanks,

Internet Connection Sharing:  No internet / no network access ce99551c-48c7-49be-8887-debd7244e90e?upload=true.jpg

:)

geolpop, Oct 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Internet Connection Sharing:  No internet / no network access [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Internet Connection Sharing:  No internet / no network access [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 27, 2020
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

1. Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Sharing

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network connected, but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connected, but no internet access.: My laptop suddenly couldn't connect to internet. I've tried many different wifi and lan connection but it didn't work. It shows "No internet, secured". I had an update a few days ago, but after the update my laptop was working fine. This morning suddenly the problem occurs....
  6. Network connected, but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connected, but no internet access.: My laptop suddenly couldn't connect to internet. I've tried many different wifi and lan connection but it didn't work. It shows "No internet, secured". I had an update a few days ago, but after the update my laptop was working fine. This morning suddenly the problem occurs....
  7. Internet connection but no network access

Internet connection but no network access: After a power outage we have one computer with a weird problem. The computer is able to access the internet but can't see any computers on the network and other computers cant see it either. All other computers are working normally. Ran nearly all of the troubleshooters with...
  8. Connected to network but no internet access

Connected to network but no internet access: Hi I have been facing an issue on my work PC for the past 3 days. I can connect to my corporate network or any other pocket wifi but there's no internet access. Apps like Outlook/skype/teams are do not have internet access. I also cant browse the internet. What...
  9. No Internet, Shared Network

No Internet, Shared Network: I was editing the Sharing tab of my NordVPN Tap and clicked Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection, I then selected Wi-Fi as my Home networking connection. This caused a no internet bug so I restarted. On a different computer I...
  10. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...