Windows 10: Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Discus and support Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MitchDurso, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had tried their solutions and they didn't work and that i know it isn't a hardware fault as it works when i run a live OS.

So the issue is that when i enable internet connection sharing between either an Ethernet adaptor (Ethernet 2) or my VPN adaptor (Ethernet 3) the connection is not shared to my secondary Ethernet adaptor (Local LAN for testing).

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi) 9f53b115-0f89-4c67-b010-ff1117198cdb?upload=true.png

The above image shows my setup. Ethernet 2 is my live internet connection, Ethernet 3 is my VPN adaptor and Ethernet is my local LAN for development and testing.

Hopefully this is clear what the issue is and hopefully someone can help me out.

Additional info, sharing either Ethernet 2 or 3 neither of them actually share the connection to Ethernet to allow internet access for my LAN network. This was working a couple of months ago when i last needed this and non of the hardware has changed or the setup has changed the only changes are with this device and that is updates to windows. No duel booting just windows.

Kind regards,

Mitch

:)

MitchDurso, Nov 23, 2018

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 23, 2018
  3. So I am trying to share a Wifi connection in... VISTA!

Okay, so I am trying to use Vista's built in ICS to share a wireless connection in Windows Vista...

The internet comes in via the wiFi card, and an ethernet cable link my PC to an XP machine. I am TRYING to get vista to be nice and share the WiFi connection with the XP machine, but each time I go into the properties of the wireless connection and choose the Sahe it, I get an error message "An error occure while Internet connection Sharing was being enabled." with no further details. Both PCs are set up to aquire their IPs automactically...

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

beyond_amusia, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Paul0o0o0 Win User

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi) [​IMG]

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi) [​IMG]

Paul0o0o0, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

1. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi) - Similar Threads - Internet Connection sharing

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet

Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet: I am baffled by how Windows 10 handles file sharing between computers these days. I remember the Homegroup option was a little wonky, but at least it worked. Here's the situation. I have my whole home wired with Cat 6 Ethernet. Every port is connected to one switch. Each...
  6. share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi

share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi: i have 2 pc both have windows 10 the first is Connect by Ethernet the second Connect by wifi and has share folder and both of them in the same router it was working fine and suddenly i cannot Access the share folder fromthe first pc but when i switch the connect in the...
  7. shared internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    shared internet connection: What setup is needed to share an internet connection with iPad Mini 2 usb connected with windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-internet-connection/99d78a1e-772e-4816-8051-efbc0180b9ca
  8. sharing internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing internet connection: what is the importance of sharing internet connection with other pc's? Why do I want to allow my computer to upload to other pc's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-internet-connection/c660e274-6ce1-4cdf-a576-90f6a2d2d771
  9. Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet: Hi, I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network. However I cannot seem to stop the Ethernet Connection from automatically turning the WiFi off. I have tried changing the...
  10. Share internet connection over ethernet card

Share internet connection over ethernet card: Hello I have two Windows 10 (updated) PCs. One of them (PC 0) is connected to the internet and has straight public IP address set to its ethernet card (NIC 0). This PC 0 has another ethernet card (NIC 1) and NIC 1 is connected to another win10 PC (PC 1). How can I share...