Windows 10: Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters?

Discus and support Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way I can increase internet throughput/responsiveness on a single Windows 10 pc by enabling both wireless and wired communications at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dan Ayres, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Dan Ayres Win User

Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters?

Is there a way I can increase internet throughput/responsiveness on a single Windows 10 pc by enabling both wireless and wired communications at the same time? I have access to a community wide wireless network, and I have my own router with both wireless and wired connections possible to the same computer. Obviously Ethernet to my router at 1GBPS is faster to the switch than the router which connects to a cable modem providing 100 mbps download and 16 mbps upload speeds. Another network is available via wireless that could possibly add another 20 mbps of download and 10 mbps of upload capacity via an unrelated path to the internet. If I do enable both, what role does the software ICS play, if any?

:)

Dan Ayres, Nov 5, 2018

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10

Hi Deven,

To enable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select
      Network Connections.
    • Right-click the network adapter with an Internet connection (Ethernet or wireless network adapter), then select
      Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Put a check mark on Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
    • From the Home networking connection drop-down menu, select the
      Microsoft Hosted Virtual Adapter.
    • Click OK to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Josette Sal, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters?

Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10

Peterfavell, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters?

1. Internet Connection Sharing: Using Multiple adapters? - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Sharing

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing won't start on my Wifi adapter: As the title says, I am unable to start my Internet Connection Sharing on my WiFi adapter and I have tried almost everything to make it work. BackgroundSo I was trying to connect my Raspberry Pi 3B to my laptop using Ethernet cable and one of the things that requires to make...
  6. Share internet connection

Share internet connection: Hi,My internet connection is down for a couple of days. Not sure why but a technician is coming. In the mean time I was thinking that maybe my iphone can share its mobile data connection to my local network. The router is working with DHCP service, only Internet is down. I am...
  7. internet connect sharing

internet connect sharing: every time i start pc and try to run the internet on the ethernet device it doesnt work until i toggle internet connect sharing on and of again then it works but then next time i turn my computer on it wont work even thought it displays that internet connect sharing is on and...
  8. shared internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    shared internet connection: What setup is needed to share an internet connection with iPad Mini 2 usb connected with windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-internet-connection/99d78a1e-772e-4816-8051-efbc0180b9ca
  9. Internet Connection Sharing

Internet Connection Sharing: Im trying to internet connection sharing and once i apply it, it won't save or work after applying [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-sharing/52064752-1d35-419a-904b-9960ee67b01e
  10. sharing internet connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing internet connection: what is the importance of sharing internet connection with other pc's? Why do I want to allow my computer to upload to other pc's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-internet-connection/c660e274-6ce1-4cdf-a576-90f6a2d2d771