Windows 10: Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...

Discus and support Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Hi, My PC has Wireless connection to the Internet and LAN thru a router, and it has 2 Ethernet that are free. I connect my NAS to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_eka_, Dec 13, 2019.

1. /u/_eka_ Win User

Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...

Windows 10 Home

Hi,

My PC has Wireless connection to the Internet and LAN thru a router, and it has 2 Ethernet that are free.

I connect my NAS to an Ethernet port on my PC and and I share the internet connection with the Ethernet 2, then I can connect from my PC to the NAS and the NAS can connect to the Internet, but other computers on the LAN can't see the NAS. Is there a way to solve that?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/_eka_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_eka_, Dec 13, 2019
  2. MicLemons Win User

Lan shareing

I was sharing my internet with my PS3 a few days ago. but i had to bring my laptop to school for a project. i used there Ethernet cable to use the internet and windows changes some settings (idk whitch ones) for the LAN to work. when i got back home and
    plunged in my ps3 i was unable to get a ip so i set a static ip then got a DNS error. i can connect wirelessly with the ps3 but when i use the LAN from my laptop to the ps3 it errors. i have tried to restart the ps3 and computer and reset some setting but
    nothing worked. I would love some advice to try and get it working again.

Update: i reset my router and that did not help.

MicLemons, Dec 13, 2019
  3. chauktv Win User
    share printer connected other PC on LAN

My office LAN is p-p LAN, every time i want to use the printer connected other PC on LAN, i must enter credentials to connect, how to disable it? Both 2 PCs are Winows 10 Pro, turned off password protected sharing and turned on file and printer sharing.
    I greatly appreciate everyone kindly help. Thanks

chauktv, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Alvy Win User

Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...

sharing internet from xp to vista across lan

hey i need help to share internet from an XP comp to a vista thro the lan but im havin trouble advice please??? i know its probly somthin stupid by me lol

Thema:

1. Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the... - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Sharing

2. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  3. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  4. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't consistently see shared folders

Can't consistently see shared folders: I have two laptops connected via an ethernet switch. I am using the current version of Windows 10 home. One laptop, which I will call main, has two external USB 3.0 hard drives. I have turned file sharing on for everyone on both of these drives, as well as sharing also turned...
  6. Connect to Internet using LAN NIC, but print using WIFI NIC

Connect to Internet using LAN NIC, but print using WIFI NIC: I have a interesting situation. We work in a large building where I lease a smaller office space. Internet is provided to all of my 4 employees but we are not connected on one "Private" network . (The building provides internet thru wired NIC). So we are unable to share...
  7. System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET: Hello, We have five Win 10 systems... All can browse our LAN with no trouble. But one system cannot connect to Internet. I have tried everything I can think of, and have had extended conversations with a pretty senior tech from our Provider (happens to be Comcast.) I...
  8. LAN file sharing

LAN file sharing: I want to file share between my desktop computer, which has an ethernet connection to the router and my laptop which is connected by wifi. The desktop connection is called N***** 6 and the wifi network is called B*********R. The laptop can't "see" the desktop and vice versa....
  9. Why can't I share files on my LAN?

Why can't I share files on my LAN?: I have 2 laptops running Windows 10 and a PC running Windows XP on my LAN. I am an administrator and the "owner" of all the files on each machine and, as far as I can tell, all files are shared with "full control". I originally had a workgroup on the Windows XP machine and a...
  10. LAN connected (not shared) printer does not see Windows 10 desktop

LAN connected (not shared) printer does not see Windows 10 desktop: Hi - I'm finally giving up and asking for help. My networking knowledge consists of some networking for end users and basic business networks. Computer: HP desktop, (LAN) Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection, (WiFi) Qualcomm Atheros 802.11 a/b/g/n Dualband Wireless...