Windows 10: Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

Discus and support Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from laptopSeems to have happened after a recent update on windows.Machine is on windows 10Also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josef_, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Josef_ Win User

Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from laptopSeems to have happened after a recent update on windows.Machine is on windows 10Also noticed issues with starting visual studio and project where I found the issue was that ports have been restricted and I'm wondering if this might be the cause of the built in windows 10 feature "sharing wifi" stopped working.Do you have any workarounds or input on the issue?

:)

Josef_, Jun 28, 2022

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Laptop now won't connect to Internet

It was the Device manager diagram that I wanted to look at. If you expand Device manager by dragging the bottom border downwards, the whole device list should become visible.

For the avoidance of doubt - I'm not suggesting only reinstalling the WiFi adapter driver if it is newer. Because you are not sure what changes you did when you were trying to use WiFi, reinstalling the driver is worthwhile even if it is the same version as the one you have now. It will ensure that there is nothing to stop WiFi operating whatever changes had been made - so, short of the WiFi key on the keyboard having turned WiFi off, it should work.

If there is still a problem then I suggest posting/reposting the diagrams of:
    - Device manager, Network adapters section
    - Settings, Network, WiFi [If it is there. Otherwise all of Settings, network] But larger than the first version of it -

Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop [​IMG]

All the best,
    Denis

4. Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

Why does the Internet connection on my laptop stop working after I enable wifi sharing? (Hotspot)

The Internet connection on my laptop stops working after I enable Connectify or any other WiFi sharing application. Other devices however are now able to connect to my laptops broadcast and use the Internet.

The only way I am able to use Internet on my laptop is if I connect to my Squidproxy on a VPS. Trying to use the Internet without a proxy will not work. Once I disable Connectify the laptop is once again able to access the Internet without a proxy.

ResearchParticipant, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

1. Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop - Similar Threads - Internet connection stops

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop: Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from laptopSeems to have happened after a recent update on windows.Machine is on windows 10Also noticed issues with starting visual studio and project where I found the issue was that ports have been restricted and I'm...
  6. Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop

Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from machine laptop: Internet connection stops working when sharing wifi from laptopSeems to have happened after a recent update on windows.Machine is on windows 10Also noticed issues with starting visual studio and project where I found the issue was that ports have been restricted and I'm...
  7. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  8. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi): Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had tried their solutions and they didn't work and that i know it isn't a hardware fault as it works when i run a live OS. So...
  9. WiFi & Internet connection stopped

WiFi & Internet connection stopped: Hello. Yesterday the WiFi & internet connection stopped working abruptly on my laptop. Nothing changed with my router but I did reboot it twice. It is a Netgear Router R7000, and all checks fine with it. I am getting wifi connections on tablet & phone and my desktop is...
  10. Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet: Hi, I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network. However I cannot seem to stop the Ethernet Connection from automatically turning the WiFi off. I have tried changing the...