Windows 10: Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported)

Discus and support Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Yesterday I updated from Win7 to Win10. I'm connected to the internet via a LAN cable (the PC has no Wifi). Since the update, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bas71, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Bas71 Win User

Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I updated from Win7 to Win10. I'm connected to the internet via a LAN cable (the PC has no Wifi). Since the update, my internet connection gets lost after a random amount of time. I have to reboot to regain internet connection.

When the connection is lost, there are no error reports and no reported issues with the network adapter. I did however notice that the status of IPv4 (seemingly spontenuously) changes from "Internet" to "No network conection". After a reboot, it is set to "Internet" again.

This issue never occured under Windows 7.

I have contacted my Internet provider. They are unaware of any modem (Ubee) issues in combination with Windows 10. They've tried helping me changing some modem settings, but to no avail. Also, I have a Wifi router connected to the modem, and the Wifi connection stays up (I'm using that one now with my tablet to make this post). So, it does seem to me to be a Windows 10 related issue.

Does anyone recognize this problem? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you for your help,
    Bas

:)

Bas71, Aug 1, 2015

2. Connected to ethernet but Windows not totally convinced

The powerline adapters are fine, they are as they were before the problem occurred. It was just when they dropped out I noticed Windows was suddenly reporting the network state correctly. So when connected to a network but not the internet, it reports
    it is connected but not to the internet. When connected and connected to the internet, it reports it isn't connected at all.

Captain Dumpy Thumbs, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Zyplox Win User
    Unable to find my own network modem after changing wireless channel

Immediately after changing my wireless channel on my default gateway i suddenly lost connection to my modem and found out my isatap adapter and tunnelling adapter has gone missing, i cant connect to the internet now

Zyplox, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Bas71 Win User

I have also checked the drivers for the onboard BroadCom NetLink ethernet adapter. Windows update says I have the latest drivers (from 2013!). Are these the same drivers as under Windows 7?

As you can see in the image below, the IPv4 connection is lost (also the IPv6, but I have never a connection via that protocol).

Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported) [​IMG]

I downloaded the latest drivers from BroadCom (win_b57_x64-17.0.0.3), but they won't install. That is:

- if I rightclick the inf file and choose install, i get the message: completed - yet, there is no new driver version number in the device manager
    - if i choose to update the driver from the device manager, i get the message 'the best driver is already installed' and it does not update the driver

Can anyone please help? Please?

Bas71, Aug 2, 2015
  5. reckes Win User
    I am having the same exact issue. I have noticed that the connection is fine for several hours of light use, but if I attempt to play an online game I get this issue after just a few minutes.

reckes, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Kumabjorn Win User
    Me to, but I don't even need to a heavy load. It will break off after a certain amount of transferred packages or allotted time it seems. I just run the Troubleshotter and then I'm back again, but after a while I will lose my connection again.

Kumabjorn, Aug 9, 2015
  7. reckes Win User
    I turned off both Windows Defender and Windows Firewall Friday evening and haven't had any issues since then. I also released\renewed my ip address via the router menu (although I don't think this would have done anything).

reckes, Aug 9, 2015
  8. mvonrotz Win User

I've the same problem, sometimes the connections lasts tow hours, some times 6 hours, but after losing connection the only thing that helps is a restart of my computer

mvonrotz, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Dan Jay Win User
    The On-board internet controller on the Dell 8100 is not compatible with WIN 10, and there isn't an updated driver. There is, however, a cheap solution. Purchase and install a HiRO H50218 PCIe Ethernet adapter for about $15 at Amazon. Before installing the new NIC first enter the BIOS and disable the on-board controller, a Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet controller. In the BIOS look under Chipset options to disable the on-board NIC. Now install the new NIC in an available PCIe slot and reboot. At the logon screen it will appear that you don't have an internet connection, but once you log on WIN 10 will find and install the proper driver automatically. That's it.

Dan Jay, Aug 16, 2015
  10. Bas71 Win User
    Ok, so it's a compatibility and driver issue. Hope Microsoft and Dell/Broadcom (or other manufacturers for people with the same problem on other systems) fix this soon.

There is another solution than putting in a separate ethernet adapter (as Dan Jay suggested). After days of fidlling with drivers and settings, for the integrated Broadcom ethernet adapter I tried a rollback to the original Windows 7 drivers my system came with (drivers from 2009!).

Now, after a couple of days of trying and testing, with these ancient drivers the connection seems to be stable again.

Unfortunately, there is also a backside to this solution. The automatic sleep-mode (for energy-saving) now no longer works. My guess is that these 2009 ethernet-drivers are buggy and keep 'waking up' the system. And I have tried practically every setting in the device manager. So again, let's hope Microsoft fixes this issue soon.

Bas71, Aug 24, 2015
  11. NEDDY39 Win User
    I have/had this problem.
    It was a nightmare sharing files etc. I for whatever reason pinned the rogue computer to Quick Access, now it is always accessible. Does not always show under Network but is always there.
    Maybe it is not an adapter problem, maybe it is that the explore interface does not refresh.

NEDDY39, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet connection suddenly gets lost (no adapter problems reported) - Similar Threads - Internet connection suddenly

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  4. Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters

Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters: My laptop ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 will suddenly lose connection to the internet, despite the internet icon in the bottom right of the taskbar saying that I am connected. Also, upon turning my computer on and waking it up from sleep, the internet...
  5. Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem: Hi, First, let me say I am using my wife's laptop computer to ask for help. System Info below is for my desktop computer, where my problem lies. The computer is a Dell XPS720 and I just re-installed Windows 10 for the 3rd time. I have 4 hard drives (2 SSD and 2 WD1tb...
  6. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...

Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...: I'm really tired of this. Solitaire Collection reports I am not connected to the internet even though I can browse any website, even though LAN settings reports I am connected. I have tried to reset the Microsoft store using wsreset as an administrator. I have tried the...
  7. lost internet connection

lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  8. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  9. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...
  10. No internet connection suddenly

No internet connection suddenly: I've been trying to fix this for around 3 hours now with no success. What I've found however is that 80% of services are stopped even though they are checked. I ran a full scan of malwarebytes to find 0 threats. When i am in msconfig all are checked and Load System Services...