Windows 10: Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10

Discus and support Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to solve a problem with a desktop computer's internet connection turning off when put into sleep mode. The computer has a wired/lan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-SpaghettiCat-, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10

Hello I'm trying to solve a problem with a desktop computer's internet connection turning off when put into sleep mode. The computer has a wired/lan internet connection. When the user wakes the computer, it takes 30 seconds or so to reconnect. He has tried the steps in this article aside from System Restore. Really appreciate any help or input. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/-SpaghettiCat-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-SpaghettiCat-, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 internet connection

Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wireless connection, try to wake up the computer from sleep mode and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: As you are losing the internet connection after waking up from sleep mode, I suggest you to boot the computer to safe mode, try to wake up the computer from sleep mode
    in Safe mode with networking and check if there is any issue with internet connection.

Refer:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Wi-Fi looses internet connection after waking up from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I apologize for the delay in response. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device), try to wake up the computer from sleep mode and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: As you are losing the internet connection after waking up from sleep mode, I suggest you to boot the computer to safe mode, try to wakeup the computer from sleep mode in Safe mode with networking and check if there is any issue with
    internet connection.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Nick89 Win User

Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10

1. Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Turning

2. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.: We had to change the plugs on our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all the wifi devices connected, like my phone and another PC, but the Windows 10 PC won't connect. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always...
  3. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.: We had to change the plugs on our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all the wifi devices connected, like my phone and another PC, but the Windows 10 PC won't connect. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always...
  4. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.: We had to change the plugs on our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all Wifi devices connected, my phone and another PC, but Windows 10 PC won't connect. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always been set in...
  6. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.: We had to change the plugs on our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all Wifi devices connected, my phone and another PC, but Windows 10 PC won't connect. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always been set in...
  7. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

8. Windows 10: USB 3.0 Ports Turn Off after Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: USB 3.0 Ports Turn Off after Sleep Mode: I have a Dock Station connected to my Laptop. After restarting my laptop from sleep mode, when my dock is connected to my USB 3.0, it appears to be turned off and turn-ons after my laptop is on because all my windows in my monitors get sent to the laptop screen. This doesn't...
  9. Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode

Lose Internet connection after computer was in sleep mode: Hi I am using: Windows Version 10.0.19041.388 Lenovo Notebook Hitron Wifi/Router I have tried every thing that has been suggested on the net to solve this annoyance. Nothing has worked including recycling the router. I recall some but not all previous versions of Windows...
  10. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...