Windows 10: Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

Discus and support Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So currently I'm having trouble connecting my Windows 10 Asus laptop through Wi-Fi even though my cellphone and any other device around my house has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MacEddieBoi, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

So currently I'm having trouble connecting my Windows 10 Asus laptop through Wi-Fi even though my cellphone and any other device around my house has connection. Of course I'm trying to connect with the Ethernet cable disconnected. Wi-Fi used to work perfectly.

Here are some details that may help: Intel Dual Band Wireless-SC 8265 Windows 10 version 20H for x64-based Systems

Things I've tried: Restarting the Laptop Disabling the Intel Driver and enable it again Search for new driver updates (none available)

Help pls

submitted by /u/MacEddieBoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MacEddieBoi, Apr 5, 2021
  2. stenskell Win User

Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet

Recently had a new modem and internet upgrade - under the previous arrangement my computer was connected by ethernet cable. Under the new arrangement I need to connect by wi-fi as the Ethernet is no longer available.

Under settings on my computer (windows 10 and HP Elitedesk) for the internet there is no setting for wi-fi - only for ethernet and dial up.

What can I do? I have tried the Microsoft help to no avail. Bit hard with no internet connection.

Do I have to ask HP how to do a factory reset as I don't know how to do that?

Thanks

Bob

stenskell, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

Marivel Man, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

1. Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi? - Similar Threads - Internet connection via

2. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  3. Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi is connected but there is no internet.: My PC is connected to my wi-fi and it shows that I have internet but whenever i go to a browser or another app it shows that no internet connection. But I can use my wi-fi on other devices....
  4. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  5. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi connected, but no internet: I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my laptop running Windows 10. When I try to connect, I'm getting a message that it's connected, but no internet. I was connected just fine an hour ago.I cannot try anything with the physical router, because my connection is...
  6. Wi-fi connected, but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't connect via Ethernet. No problems with connecting via Wi Fi

Can't connect via Ethernet. No problems with connecting via Wi Fi: I have no problems connecting my HP All in One to Wifi but I can not connect with Ethernet hardwired. Please help. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-via-ethernet-no-problems-with/d9c8db7d-0713-4039-b58e-40328eeed469
  8. Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi: Hi there I have an Ethernet cable attached to my PC but also want the Wi-Fi connected too as a back etc. but every time I Connect to Wi-Fi it says unable to connect to network. Now the Ethernet is connected no problem and my wife's computer is connected to Wi-Fi no issues,...
  9. Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet

Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet: Recently had a new modem and internet upgrade - under the previous arrangement my computer was connected by ethernet cable. Under the new arrangement I need to connect by wi-fi as the Ethernet is no longer available. Under settings on my computer windows 10 and HP Elitedesk...
  10. Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection

Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection: We've had at least 5 laptops of varying model types running Windows 10 Pro 1903 experience an issue with network connectivity. This seems to be regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet network connection. In the case of a Wi-Fi connection, the taskbar icon displays 'Connected, No...