Windows 10: Internet connection via ethernet problems

Discus and support Internet connection via ethernet problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnnW, Dec 29, 2016.

1. AnnW Win User

Internet connection via ethernet problems

I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither have been set up for wifi and have always been connected via ethernet cable. Is anyone able to help please?

:)

2. Wi-Fi problems with internal network

My installation consists of the following:

Desktop computer connected to internet router via an Ethernet cable.

Laptop connected to internet router via Wi-Fi using one of two methods:

Using the Wi-Fi broadcast from the internet router itself

Using the Wi-Fi broadcast from a dLan AV wireless which is connected to the original internet router via an Ethernet cable.

The dLan installation is a powerline unit with the sender plugged into the room where the internet router is based and the receiver/Ethernet/Wi-Fi unit plugged into a socket in the room where the laptop is used.

My backup drive is a Seagate GoFlex Home unit which is connected to the internet router via an Ethernet cable.

When my old laptop was working on Windows 7 I was able to run back up via either of my two Wi-Fi options. My new Windows 10 (home) laptop can be connected to the back up drive if I connect an Ethernet cable between the laptop and the dLan AV receiver in
    the room however if I try to connect via either of the two Wi-Fi options I cannot find the backup drive nor can I create a network in order to add it.

I hope that this clarifies the problem.

Regards,

SouthEssex, Dec 29, 2016
  3. JonLe916 Win User
    Windows 10 can't connect to internet

Hello, I'm having some trouble connecting to the internet via Ethernet although I can connect to wifi via wireless adapter. When I diagnose the connection it says, "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration."

JonLe916, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Welcome to the TenForums.

First start with your modem and router. They maybe combined. Power them both down for 30 seconds. Power up modem, then power up router. Reboot first pc, check that one PC can connect. Reboot second pc, then check second PC.

One thing to check is cables, if you have alternate you try it. As well reseat cables, both ends. Fully remove and install.

If this doesn't work this maybe a driver issue. Open device manager and head to Network adapters. Expand. Right click on Lan Adapter. Click on properties. Click on Power management tab. Remove check mark "Allow computer to turn this off". Reboot and see if you connect. If still spottyre-enter device manager, expand network adapters, right click to get properties, click properties and click on click on Driver tab, click on Update driver and allow windows to search its online resources. If one is found make sure Power Mgmt have not been turn on.

If you can't connect to get new drivers you need to post what adapter you have as you will have to go online to get. Then you will place on USB and copy onto your machine. Then when windows wants to update you will steer it to location. If you decide to get drivers get them from manufacture sites. I recommend product that "Auto" update drivers and I would watch driver sites, no telling what you are getting. My opinion.

If a new driver is loaded at any point, reboot.

If you are still having issues post back and describe what you did. I would concentrate on one machine at a time.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016
  5. AnnW Win User
    Thank you very much for your reply, I'll pass the info on to my husband and we'll give your suggestions a try. Thanks again.

AnnW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet connection via ethernet problems

1. Internet connection via ethernet problems - Similar Threads - Internet connection via

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet via ethernet

No internet via ethernet: Hello I'm having some trouble with my connection over ethernet. Wireless works fine and the same ethernet cable works on my laptop. The problem is my ethernet on my PC. Firstly I used the windows troubleshooter and got the error "No valid IP". I checked my ip using ipconfig...
  6. Experiencing problems with connecting via Ethernet

Experiencing problems with connecting via Ethernet: My computer has experienced a problem where when I plug in the Ethernet cable and connect to the network, it fails to connect to the internet says it is an "Undefined Network" and can't connect to the Internet. When I run a diagnosis it finds that Ethernet doesn't have a...
  7. Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless

Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless: My wireless symbol has changed and I can only connect to the internet when I put the ethernet cable into my laptop. What is wrong>...
  8. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  9. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  10. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!