Windows 10: Internet Connection vs Fixed IP

Discus and support Internet Connection vs Fixed IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a TV truck with a large network which connects together all the equipment as well as two Windows 10 computers. Everything is on fixed IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewT360, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Internet Connection vs Fixed IP

Hi,

I have a TV truck with a large network which connects together all the equipment as well as two Windows 10 computers. Everything is on fixed IP addresses 192.168.10.xxx. Also connected to the Network is a simple 4G LTE Router which provides a connection to the Internet, I've given this device an IP address in the same domain and its connected to the trucks main router. If the two computers are given a fixed IP address in order to communicate with equipment on the truck they both 'loose' their Internet Connection, if on the other hand I return them to DCHP they both connect to the Internet but won't connect to any of the equipment on the truck. This appears to be a problem with Internet Sharing?

Thanks for your assistance - keep safe!

:)

AndrewT360, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

IP address cannot be configured no internet

Hello TERRIB1960,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you getting any error code while trying to connect to internet?

I would like to suggest you few simple steps on how to configure IP address on your PC, kindly follow the same.

Method 1: Open command prompt (right click on cmd, run as administrator) and run the below commands. These commands will fix the lack of dynamic IP address (DHCP).

• ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew

Method 2: Go through the article which talks about fixing the network connection issues in Windows
    Support article.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 1, 2021
  3. No internet connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to connect to the internet. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you able to access internet using a different network?

• What is the KB number of the Windows Update installed prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to manually reset TCP/IP and check, follow these steps:

1. On the
      Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator.

2. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note: If you don't want to specify a directory
    path for the log file, run the following command instead:

netsh int ip reset

3. Restart the computer.

Also,
    try the troubleshooting steps referred in this article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and check if it works.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Internet Connection vs Fixed IP

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Internet Connection vs Fixed IP

1. Internet Connection vs Fixed IP - Similar Threads - Internet Connection Fixed

2. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  3. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  4. Internet Connection issues vs recent updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Connection issues vs recent updates?: I am officially stumped on this one. Recent updates to Microsoft Defender Antivirus have been messing with my internet connection, and not only am I unsure as to HOW that is possible, I am also unable to either uninstall these recent updates or revert to a time where they...
  5. Losing Internet Connection with Static IP

Losing Internet Connection with Static IP: Hi, We recently move our DHCP service on Unify USG gateway and there are problems happen when we set up static IP for any computer, no matter we put the IP address out of the DHCP range or the one preferredin the DHCP range by system, it will lost internet connection...
  6. no valid IP setting in connecting internet

no valid IP setting in connecting internet: when connecting to internet, display no valid IP setting, troubling shooting cannot rectify the problem. assistance needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-valid-ip-setting-in-connecting-internet/cd75805d-05ad-4b3b-947e-bc313abc27cf
  7. No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway.

No internet connection. Invalid IP and invalid default gateway.: I had an issue before when sometimes I turned my PC on it failed to configure my IP as of what automatic troubleshoot said to me. This happened quite often so I decided to set a static IP address with a static DNS etc for IPV4. It did work for the invalid IP error but now I...
  8. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  9. No internet connection with static IP

No internet connection with static IP: Hi guys, I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan. When the pc has a DHCP assigned IP it can access the internet but when I assign a static one(even the one DHCP assigned) it gets no internet...
  10. Static IP adress vs DHCP

Static IP adress vs DHCP: Hi I've just updated a W7 machine to W10. The update has take all the settings from W7 and the machine was operating without problem before the update. When running W7 the machine had a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 and all of the other machines could access the...