Windows 10: internet connection & Win10 Mail App

Discus and support internet connection & Win10 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mail in Win10 said it couldn't connect to my account, as I was offline. I checked the network setting and it says there is no connection, nor is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardHarvey1, Dec 10, 2019.

1. internet connection & Win10 Mail App

Mail in Win10 said it couldn't connect to my account, as I was offline.

I checked the network setting and it says there is no connection, nor is an Ethernet cable plugged in.

Obviously it is and there is a connection as I am signed into my account and typing this message.

I can get into my emails, through my browser, in my Hotmail account.

I was advised to delete amil and redownload and install it fresh. I did the delete, then signed into my store account, found the Mail and Calendar app and selected 'Get'. Up popped a box saying I need to be online to get it, but wasn't connected to the internet, which I am as I was in the store getting it.

So having gone through all the suggested online resets and other microsoft suggestions I am no wiser.

My internet clock is showing the correct time and date. The internet network Icon in the Tray is not there, but I am still connected to the internet, via the browser (Mozilla) for everything else.

So what do I need to do to get Win 10 to recognise what is blatently obvious and also why does only Microsoft Mail and the Store / Network Connections say I am offline when I am actually online ?

:)

RichardHarvey1, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. internet connection & Win10 Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Error: 0x80072efd, "cannot connect to mail.btinternet.com" on Mail app in Windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Mail app with syncing the mails. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to operating system prior to this issue that is resulting in this?
    • Which is the Windows troubleshooter you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?
    • Is internet connection working fine on your device?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issues Mail app.

Method 1: As per the error message, I suggest you to check with the internet connection on your device. Make sure it is working fine and try to sync the mails.

Also, Use Internet Connection Troubleshooter
    as it find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Sept 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R
      to open Run command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with syncing the emails on Mail app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

internet connection & Win10 Mail App

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

internet connection & Win10 Mail App

1. internet connection & Win10 Mail App - Similar Threads - internet connection Win10

2. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  3. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  4. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win10 internet connection problem

Win10 internet connection problem: Hi I have a weird situation. I am working from home all day and using citrix for connecting, it works nicely. The problem is, sometimes my windows 10 looses it`s connection to internet, I tried chrome firefox or edge, nothing works and weird part is, citrix does not lost it...
  6. Live mail will not connect to internet

Live mail will not connect to internet: My wifes Computer down loaded and updated automatically yesterday and since then she has not been able to log in to her e-mails using live mail. The e-mail address and password are correct for both receiving and sending e-mails as I downloaded Thunderbird onto her computer...
  7. win10 thinks it’s not connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 thinks it’s not connected to the Internet: I have this issue, where when I’m using my computer, windows randomly decides that it’s not connected to the Internet. Even though it’s the site it internets not working through windows apps it works through everything else. I can be used surfing the web downloading things or...
  8. Win10 Internet connection issues

Win10 Internet connection issues: Greetings, since a few days i do have quite some issues regarding my Internet Connection on my PC. I´m not able to connect to certain websites, like Wetter, Wettervorhersage & Wetterbericht | wetter.com. Youtube on the other hand works without a flaw. Also some Software...
  9. Win10 Internet connection issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Internet connection issues: Greetings, since a few days i do have quite some issues regarding my Internet Connection on my PC. I´m not able to connect to certain websites, like Wetter, Wettervorhersage & Wetterbericht | wetter.com. Youtube on the other hand works without a flaw. Also some Software...
  10. Win10 Mail app hanging?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail app hanging?: Trying to setup Mail app, and it won't let me past the "Add account" screen ... I added a hotmail account, it indicated that was successful. I added a Yahoo mail account, again indicated success ... but it keeps returning to the "Add account" screen, and the "Ready to go"...