Windows 10: Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..?

Discus and support Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last night everythingwas working fine before I installed the update after shutting down Today I can't connect to any network at all , even though my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gszpd, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Gszpd Win User

Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..?

Last night everythingwas working fine before I installed the update after shutting down

Today I can't connect to any network at all , even though my wireless adapter is installed . I even reinstalled it twice to see if that would change anything but it didnt

I have tried the troubleshooting windows but the only thing it shows me is that the "diagnostics policy service is not running" after which it says it made some changes to my system and to close the troubleshooter but nothing changed.

I have also tried starting and restarting several services like the windows defender firewall which didn't work.

I have included screenshots and one of them shows that my wireless adapter is installed and running but not letting me connect to anything at all

Edit:I dont know why but the upload image button does nothing on mobile so here are links to the screenshots

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508347617311457287/743491190703521872/20200813_172221.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508347617311457287/743491191659692143/20200813_172316.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508347617311457287/743491192649678928/20200813_172448.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508347617311457287/743491193488408758/20200813_172505.jpg

:)

Gszpd, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Ivo Mori Win User

Windows 10 update cannot connect (behind a firewall)

Why cannot Windows 10 Update connect to its update servers even though there is a working internet connectivity?

Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..? J2NUu.png

About my setup

• running Windows 10 on a PC behind a dedicated firewall (pfsense 2.2.5)
    • there is internet connectivity, port 80 / 443 works fine for anything else
    • connecting the Windows 10 PC directly to my IPS's modem allows to update Windows 10 => suggests that the firewall is causing the problem

Already checked

Still, Windows 10 (version 1511) cannot update itself when I run it behind my firewall.

Any other suggestions/ideas?

Ivo Mori, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Firewall broken

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. We are here to help and guide you in the right direction.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with Firewall?

• Are you using Windows Firewall?

• What happens when you install fonts? Do you get any error message?

• From where you are installing the fonts?
    However if you wish to rollback to Windows 8, I suggest you to refer the section “Go back to your previous version of Windows” from the following article.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Refer the following article for additional information.

Windows Firewall from start to finish

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/Windows-Firewall-from-start-to-finish

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..?

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..?

1. Internet connectionwireless and firewall broken after recent update..? - Similar Threads - Internet connectionwireless firewall

2. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  3. Broken Laptop after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Laptop after recent update: I got the recent update for Windows 10. After updating, I can no longer access my files as the folder would crash after I open it. My screen also keeps blinking and changes from cool tone to warm tone. As it blinks, it would refresh the taskbar. The windows startup menu is...
  4. After Recent Windows Update, Firewall Service Won’t Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Recent Windows Update, Firewall Service Won’t Start: When Windows Updated Yesterday, the Firewall Service would no longer Start! {This Also caused a Repeating Error Message that the Firewall was not running. It provides Error-Message 0x800706d9} (The Firewall Service merely STAYS in the state where it is Continually displays...
  5. After Recent Windows Update, Firewall Service Won’t Start

in Windows 10 Support
    After Recent Windows Update, Firewall Service Won’t Start: When Windows Updated Yesterday, the Firewall Service would no longer Start! {This Also caused a Repeating Error Message that the Firewall was not running. It provides Error-Message 0x800706d9} (The Firewall Service merely STAYS in the state where it is Continually displays...
  6. Programs and system options broken after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs and system options broken after recent update: After restarting and applying the newest updates for Windows 10, I'm having a bunch of problems. Firefox closes itself not crashes after a few minutes of use, same with Settings after a few seonds. Malwarebytes and Bitdefender won't open at all, I haven't found anything else...
  7. Recent update, no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update, no internet: Tried plugging manually and through my wifi, only my PC has issues. Reinstalled network adapter, turned off firewall, nothing. Trying to uninstall the update to see if it works, otherwise I'll have to rollback. Any other solutions? Sick of this garbage OS. Edit: uninstalling...
  8. broken firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    broken firewall: I plugged my Texas instruments TI-84 plus scientific calculator into the computer and it told me that my firewall is gone/I broke it. pls send help to mr bacons tech ed lab thx sincerely ur lad hailey n crew...
  9. Internet keeps dropping after recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps dropping after recent update: My internet keeps dropping out after a recent update. I have windows 10. It connects fine but then will randomly disconnect and reconnect again. I have tried every update I can find. Ran troubleshooting - it found a problem and fixed it - but it's still happening. I have...
  10. IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates: Yesterday I was forced to reboot my computer as MS installed some Windows Updates. After the reboot I can no longer access google.com's main page and some other https site like my companies Citrix Storefront login page. These all worked before the forced update. There were 2...