Windows 10: Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows...

Discus and support Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are certain times when I am no longer able to load any websites in any browser for no apparent reason. Wifi and hardline both specify as being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OptimusSublime, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows...

There are certain times when I am no longer able to load any websites in any browser for no apparent reason. Wifi and hardline both specify as being connected and secured. Clicking on a link results in literally nothing happening in Firefox, where nothing loads to tell me there are connectivity problems. It just flashes and the prior website remains. Using Chrome clicking on a website will direct me to the internet connectivity problems page this despite the fact again, I still have Wi-Fi that is connected and secured. I'm not sure if a process in the background needs to be restarted but the only way to fix this that I have found is to restart my computer. This happens intermittently at least once a day for no apparent reason. What's even weirder is I'm able to continue to stream youtube in that the buffer is able to continue so obviously I'm getting some sort of connection somewhere. Any help at all it be greatly appreciated this is very infuriating.

submitted by /u/OptimusSublime
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OptimusSublime, Apr 5, 2021

2. Internet connections drops intermittently after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Niji,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to run the Network Troubleshooter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click
      ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections’ and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2: Update Network adaptor.

I suggest you to update your network adaptor drivers and check.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager go to Network adaptor.
    • Right click and click on Update drive software
    For reference: Refer to the post by Santosh: Losing internet connection after upgrades on Windows 10

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Gramps Win User

Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows...

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows...

1. Internet connectivity drops intermittently while allowing streaming to continue. Windows... - Similar Threads - Internet connectivity drops

2. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  3. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  4. Intermittent dropping of internet connection

Intermittent dropping of internet connection: I'm using Windows 10 and connect to the internet via Wi-Fi BT Hub, Several times a day sometimes several times an hour I get a message telling me I'm no longer connected to the internet. Usually, within about 5 seconds the system reconnects itself. Occasionally this doesn't...
  5. my internet continuously drops

my internet continuously drops: my internet contentiously drops out but, only on my PC. i've tried both an Ethernet connection and wireless and got the troubleshoot error couldn't detect proxy settings...
  6. Intermittent dropping internet connection

Intermittent dropping internet connection: I can use apps like Skype without any problem, but almost as soon as I open a browser--Edge, Chrome, Firefox--I lose internet connectivity. The computer settings say I'm connected to the internet but no page will load, saying that it's not reachable or its address is not...
  7. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: I have a dual boot desktop Windows 10 Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate. Both versions are installed on separate ssd hard drives. I never have a problem with Windows 7 dropping my internet connection. but do have this problem with Windows 10. I could run for days without any problems...
  8. Dropping Internet Connection

Dropping Internet Connection: Hi Everyone, hope everyone is well, I wonder if anyone could give me some help, I am asking for my sister as I will be doing the task. She has been having problems with her internet connection, as the laptop keeps dropping her internet connection, I have taken a look at the...
  9. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  10. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my internection drops out every time that my laptop is not in continual use. The connection actually says: "connect automatically" but it still goes off every time I leave my laptop for longer than 10 minutes or so. This is frustrating,...