Windows 10: Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update

Discus and support Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Two weeks back I updated my windows and my internet connectivity via Wi-Fi is broken for some reason. The scenario is as follows when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Selva KumarA, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update

Hello

Two weeks back I updated my windows and my internet connectivity via Wi-Fi is broken for some reason. The scenario is as follows

when I am connected to Wi-Fi following happens

1. Microsoft store doesn't work, Windows update doesn't work

2. some sites are accessible via chrome but Microsoft support sites are not accessible via chrome, But for some reason these websites work in EdgeChromium... Some sites don't work even in Edge too...

But for whatever reason everything works fine if I connect my mobile phone by cable and tether internet to the laptop...

I implore the community to help me in resolving this please

:)

Selva KumarA, Aug 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 19, 2020
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 19, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update

loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update

1. Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update - Similar Threads - Internet connectivity scrappy

2. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  3. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  4. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet connection issues after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection issues after updating: Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using my computer and you may think that’s not a big problem but that leads to many , when I try to reconnect to my WiFi it’s fine...
  6. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  7. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  8. Slow Internet Connection After Windows Update

Slow Internet Connection After Windows Update: Thanks in advance for the help! My internet speed is 500 Mbps. But after an update today, my download speed goes to 10 Mbps maximum, while upload speed is very decent. Please help with this....
  9. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  10. No internet connection after 10130 update

No internet connection after 10130 update: Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the previous build. 6442