Windows 10: Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG

Discus and support Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Since the update last Friday, I have been experiencing problems with certain applications connecting to the internet. This problem affects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnonymouseAZ, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG

Hi,

Since the update last Friday, I have been experiencing problems with certain applications connecting to the internet.

This problem affects all browsers Firefox / Chrome / Opera but does not affect the Edge browser which works fine.

For the past few days I have been getting around this issue by running the following commands in command prompt:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

After restarting, I was able to open a non-microsoft browser and it worked for the rest of the day even after going into hibernation. However, after a shut down, the same problem would occur the following day and it was necessary to repeat the steps above.

Today, this workaround stopped working!

To re-iterate, the Edge browser is still working fine, but none of the other browsers have internet connectivity. When trying to submit Windows Feedback via the Feedback app I also discovered that the Windows store also does not have internet connectivity.

Note: This is not a firewall issue. My antivirus settings have not changed and the applications are permitted. The problem has been caused by the latest Windows update.

Please can you fix this issue with some urgency, because it has made my computer virtually unusable.

Thank you!

:)

AnonymouseAZ, Mar 18, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Might Force Updates Even on Metered Connections

A wording change in the latest build of the upcoming Creators Update for Windows 10 has users on metered connections worried. In previous Microsoft Insider's builds of the Creators Update, the section of the license agreement pertaining to automatic updates said "updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, except over metered connections (where charges may apply)."

In this latest build, the wording has been changed to a more worrisome version implying updating may still happen for important updates: "We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply). In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly."

Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG 18da3be5bc06_thm.jpg

Obviously, this implies critical updates and such may still be pulled from a metered connection without prior user consent. Considering many "critical updates" from Microsoft today come in the form of "Patch Tuesday" rollups often nearing a gig, this could get expensive on a metered connection where users pay by the gigabyte or worse.

Source: HotHardware

R-T-B, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG :)

Techtu, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG

1. Internet connectivity issue after latest Windows 10 update on 13/03/20 BUG - Similar Threads - Internet connectivity issue

2. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  3. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues after Windows 10 2021-03 and KB5001649 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues after Windows 10 2021-03 and KB5001649 updates: After installing Windows 10 2021-03 and KB5001649 updates, my Dell computer has many issues. 1. Blue screen after installing March 9, 2021—KB5000802. 2. Can't sync OneDrive with this message: "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now" [ATTACH] 3. Can't create a...
  6. Internet connection issues after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection issues after updating: Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using my computer and you may think that’s not a big problem but that leads to many , when I try to reconnect to my WiFi it’s fine...
  7. 03/13/2020 update broke windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    03/13/2020 update broke windows: Last night's update broke windows 10 . Lost use of most apps from the Microsoft App Store. The Store app itself doesn't work !! Support tried restoring my computer to before update and other fixes, but still no luck! Very troubling. ANY UPDATE FOR THE UPDATE ??...
  8. Latest windows 10 pro update bricked laptop (03/13/19)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest windows 10 pro update bricked laptop (03/13/19): I just updated my sager clevo p955er to the latest windows which i assume was release today or yesterday. When the notebook restarted it booted in to windows but nothing worked aside from a few function keys (fn + volume/LCD/SLEEP). Everything aside from those was completely...
  9. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  10. No internet connection after latest update on 10074

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection after latest update on 10074: 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer...