Windows 10: Internet connectivity lost after latest Windows Update KB4565503 on Domain joined Workstations

Discus and support Internet connectivity lost after latest Windows Update KB4565503 on Domain joined Workstations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, We've been having issues with Workstations losing internet connectivity after installing the July 14th update. In some cases, the user can't log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aleksander Kähler, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Internet connectivity lost after latest Windows Update KB4565503 on Domain joined Workstations

Hi,

We've been having issues with Workstations losing internet connectivity after installing the July 14th update. In some cases, the user can't log in due to the fact that the PC needs to reacquire new credentials from the domain.

We've found a temporary fix by assigning an IP address to the workstation.

The PC says in the System Properties that it's still part of the domain, however, the network is no longer a domain network.

:)

Aleksander Kähler, Jul 30, 2020

2. CredSSP error on domain joined workstations

Unable to understand this situation. All workstations without domain are able to take remote sessions without difficulty, While all domain joined workstation throwing error of CredSSP oracle server remediation.

aibadsiddiqui, Jul 30, 2020
  3. No shares are working from domain joined workstation Windows 10 1709 build 16299.192

No shares are working from domain joined workstation Windows 10 1709 build 16299.192

If File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is disable and enable again it works, but after reboot it stops working again!

Any suggestions? what could cause this behaviour

R. Kim.

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Kim Lindell, Jul 30, 2020
  4. DukeBeck Win User

Internet connectivity lost after latest Windows Update KB4565503 on Domain joined Workstations

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

Hello all,

I'm having an issue joining a new windows 10 workstation to a windows server 2012 dominant domain.

All the IP's are static, an entry is manually entered in our DNS, a computer account is in AD.

I've successfully joined it, but presumed that GPO's broke it due to ping errors resulting in "General Failure." to anything but the localhost.

Removing it from the domain and deleting the policies in regedit seemed to have fixed it, but rejoining it under an OU without GPO's linked or inherited breaks it again.

As soon as it joins, there is no connectivity and results in the previous error, "General Failure."

I've noticed that when we 'successfully(?)' join it to the domain, we get the following error:

Changing the Primary Domain DNS name of this computer to "" failed. The name will remain "<DNS domain>.<top level domain>".

I'm unsure of what's going on. We've tried multiple troubleshooting methods from various websites and forums, all without success.

Anything helps!

DukeBeck, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Internet connectivity lost after latest Windows Update KB4565503 on Domain joined Workstations

1. Internet connectivity lost after latest Windows Update KB4565503 on Domain joined Workstations - Similar Threads - Internet connectivity lost

2. Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...: troubleshooter told me I did not have driver for adaptor, reset to factory fixed the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-internet-connection-in-windows-11-after/4e9f2a5a-a86a-416b-a99d-ee2054b78a31
  3. Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...: troubleshooter told me I did not have driver for adaptor, reset to factory fixed the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-internet-connection-in-windows-11-after/4e9f2a5a-a86a-416b-a99d-ee2054b78a31
  4. Can't join domain after update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join domain after update to 22H2: I've updated to Windows 11 22H2 through clean installation and now I can't join the domain controller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-domain-after-update-to-22h2/00bc7c89-069a-4970-b8f9-d0b15c4f1788
  5. Windows 10 Apps uninstall after joining workstation to the domain

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps uninstall after joining workstation to the domain: I work for an IT MSP company. We just obtained a client who when we setup a Windows 10 workstation, the moment we join it to their domain, all Windows 10 apps including the store disappear. The only way to resolve is make the user a local admin and reinstall microsoft store...
  6. Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.: Hi, Microsoft. As stated in the title, my computer always faces the lost connection on the internet or VPN every SINGLE 15 minutes after I open my computer, and this happens after I finished the latest window update. I have searched for a couple of ways to solve this...
  7. Windows 10 Feature Updates 1909 to 2004 Fail on Domain Joined Workstations.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Updates 1909 to 2004 Fail on Domain Joined Workstations.: I am running a WSUS server on Windows Server 2012 R2. I tried pushing out the 2004 feature update to a few computers in my lab but each one gets the same error - "Feature update to Windows 10 business editions, version 2004, en-us x64 - Error 0x80070057". I have tried...
  8. Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain: Hello all, I'm having an issue joining a new windows 10 workstation to a windows server 2012 dominant domain. All the IP's are static, an entry is manually entered in our DNS, a computer account is in AD. I've successfully joined it, but presumed that GPO's broke it due...
  9. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  10. No internet connection after latest update on 10074

No internet connection after latest update on 10074: 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer...
Tags: