Windows 10: Internet cuts out during sleep mode

Discus and support Internet cuts out during sleep mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all. Today I have a new issue. Every time I leave my computer to go into sleep mode, the internet cuts out upon returning. Running windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Guywhoneedshelpdesperatel, May 17, 2023.

1. Internet cuts out during sleep mode

Hello all. Today I have a new issue. Every time I leave my computer to go into sleep mode, the internet cuts out upon returning. Running windows network diagnostics returns the "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration message." I've tried:Resetting the winsock catalogResetting my computer's IP addressUpdating my Wifi driverIs there anything else I can do? My router works for every other device.

:)

Guywhoneedshelpdesperatel, May 17, 2023

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 17, 2023
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 17, 2023
  4. Nick89 Win User

Internet cuts out during sleep mode

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Internet cuts out during sleep mode

1. Internet cuts out during sleep mode - Similar Threads - Internet cuts during

2. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  3. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  4. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Internet cuts out during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet cuts out during sleep mode: Hello all. Today I have a new issue. Every time I leave my computer to go into sleep mode, the internet cuts out upon returning. Running windows network diagnostics returns the "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration message." I've tried:Resetting the winsock...
  6. Internet cuts out during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet cuts out during sleep mode: Hello all. Today I have a new issue. Every time I leave my computer to go into sleep mode, the internet cuts out upon returning. Running windows network diagnostics returns the "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration message." I've tried:Resetting the winsock...
  7. Internet keeps cutting out at 11PM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps cutting out at 11PM: Hey everyone, I’ve been having a really weird issue with my computer. It has an Intel AX200 network antenna, and every night at 11PM, it disconnects and I get a “No internet, secured” message. I’ve tried just about every solution possible, including updating my drivers but...
  8. No internet in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet in sleep mode: According to the router port indicator, my laptop always connected except sleep mode. Most of the time I use WOL while traveling but accidentally if the laptop goes to sleep mode I can't able to wakeup it remotely. Is there any way to keep network adapter active in sleep...
  9. Internet keeps on cutting out

Internet keeps on cutting out: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon The problem I am having right now is that the internet on my device continuously does not work. Whenever I boot up my laptop, the internet works for a few minutes, before completely turning off. Showing a red X over the wifi icon on the...
  10. Internet keeps cutting out

Internet keeps cutting out: Hi, I seem to be having a problem with my internet connection. At first I thought it was my network adapter so I purchased a new one however the problem still occurs. I have updated the drivers for it and still nothing, so I'll explain below what is happening. I should note I...