Windows 10: Internet cuts out when gaming!

Discus and support Internet cuts out when gaming! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! Recently, I've been backing off of the video games because of this stupid issue with my WiFi. When I'm on the web or YouTube, everything is fun,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sir Marcus, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Internet cuts out when gaming!

Hello! Recently, I've been backing off of the video games because of this stupid issue with my WiFi. When I'm on the web or YouTube, everything is fun, runs smoothly, not a problem with disconnection at all. But when I play a game, let's use Fortnite as example, I'll be playing and all of a sudden my ping at the top left will freeze up, saying a number like (Example) "22" or "34" and then I wouldn't be able to build, change weapons, or (I think) jump. For my friends, I'd be standing still and doing nothing. After a while, it would either come back and I could play as wanted again or it would disconnect me from the whole game itself. If it did let me stay in, it would do the same process over again, most likely leading to disconnecting me from the entire game. Another example would be Rocket League. I'd be playing the game and then it gave me the bad connection symbol and the other players would just be driving in circles or in a straight line until I either joined back or got disconnected. I don't know what to do because I'm not that really good with techy computer stuff so is their anyway someone can help? Thank you so much!

:)

Sir Marcus, Feb 8, 2019

2. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 8, 2019
  3. MY INTERNET CONNECTION KEEPS CUTTING OUT

Hi Robert,

I appreciate your time, and efforts. Let me help you.

I suggest you run the Internet connections troubleshooter, and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Internet Connections.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Also, suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Internet cuts out when gaming!

Game DVR randomly cutting out sound when recording

Hi Jordan,

Having an incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're having an issue using the Game DVR. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue when you're using the Xbox app?
    • Were you able to record a video without any problem before?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Internet cuts out when gaming!

1. Internet cuts out when gaming! - Similar Threads - Internet cuts gaming

2. Internet connection cuts out when I play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection cuts out when I play games: HelloI have this computer issue whenever I play a video game the Wi-Fi stops working and when I close the game everything goes back to normal. The only temporary solution I have found was putting the Wi-Fi for dual band to single band 5-2.4 ghz. But this increases my ping and...
  3. Internet connection cuts out when I play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection cuts out when I play games: HelloI have this computer issue whenever I play a video game the Wi-Fi stops working and when I close the game everything goes back to normal. The only temporary solution I have found was putting the Wi-Fi for dual band to single band 5-2.4 ghz. But this increases my ping and...
  4. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  5. Audio Cutting out when in Games

Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  6. Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?: So I've been having this issue for awhile now:Any time I run a game, my internet will stop working completely, and return to normal after the game is shut off. I have wiped this computer 4 times to fix this issue to no avail. Even after changing internet providers the problem...
  7. Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?

Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?: So I've been having this issue for awhile now:Any time I run a game, my internet will stop working completely, and return to normal after the game is shut off. I have wiped this computer 4 times to fix this issue to no avail. Even after changing internet providers the problem...
  8. Internet cuts out completely when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet cuts out completely when playing games: My internet is fine for watching YouTube, surfing the web, and everything else except playing games. When I play games, even single player ones, the internet cuts out entirely to my PC. There are many forum posts with this issue, but for most just resetting the network...
  9. Internet cuts out completely when playing games

Internet cuts out completely when playing games: My internet is fine for watching YouTube, surfing the web, and everything else except playing games. When I play games, even single player ones, the internet cuts out entirely to my PC. There are many forum posts with this issue, but for most just resetting the network...
  10. Internet cuts out completely when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing