Windows 10: Internet cutting out but only on my laptop

Discus and support Internet cutting out but only on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my internet keeps cutting out on my laptop, but it says I am still connected to the Wi-Fi network. It also seem to be slowly disconnecting as while I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SpeedySloths11, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Internet cutting out but only on my laptop

my internet keeps cutting out on my laptop, but it says I am still connected to the Wi-Fi network. It also seem to be slowly disconnecting as while I'm in a discord chat and it happens, I can still hear them but they can't hear me. and games still have live sound and text chats but my character freezes and I cant move. It is becoming more and more frequent. Any ideas on how to fix it?

:)

SpeedySloths11, Jan 5, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 5, 2020
  3. MY INTERNET CONNECTION KEEPS CUTTING OUT

Hi Robert,

I appreciate your time, and efforts. Let me help you.

I suggest you run the Internet connections troubleshooter, and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Internet Connections.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Also, suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Internet cutting out but only on my laptop

how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      Internet cutting out but only on my laptop 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    Internet cutting out but only on my laptop 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    Internet cutting out but only on my laptop 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    Internet cutting out but only on my laptop 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Internet cutting out but only on my laptop

1. Internet cutting out but only on my laptop - Similar Threads - Internet cutting laptop

2. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  3. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  4. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My wifi is cutting out but only on my device

My wifi is cutting out but only on my device: So my wifi keeps cutting out over and over and I don't know what to do about it. No other devices connected to the wifi is having the same issue so I assume it's my laptop that's the issue. I've tried so many things to try and fix it but none of them seem to work. Please help...
  6. The internet keeps cutting of my laptop

The internet keeps cutting of my laptop: It says that it is connected but there is no internet although it works on every other device!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-internet-keeps-cutting-of-my-laptop/c8ae9778-888a-40f8-94cf-2c085d69fe56
  7. My internet keeps cutting out, and the only way to fix it is to disable and enable the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My internet keeps cutting out, and the only way to fix it is to disable and enable the...: Every few minutes my internet dies, and the only way i can revive it is if i go in the network adapter settings and disable Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller and enable it again, at which point it starts working for a few minutes, then stops working again. Wifi works, its...
  8. Internet Connection Upload Cutting Out Intermittently On Only My PC.

Internet Connection Upload Cutting Out Intermittently On Only My PC.: So I've been having this issue for the past two weeks and have tried everything I can to fix it. What is happening is that about every 2-30 minutes, my computer's internet upload is cut out completely for about 10 seconds while the download continues to work perfectly fine....
  9. Internet keeps on cutting out

Internet keeps on cutting out: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon The problem I am having right now is that the internet on my device continuously does not work. Whenever I boot up my laptop, the internet works for a few minutes, before completely turning off. Showing a red X over the wifi icon on the...
  10. Internet keeps cutting out

Internet keeps cutting out: Hi, I seem to be having a problem with my internet connection. At first I thought it was my network adapter so I purchased a new one however the problem still occurs. I have updated the drivers for it and still nothing, so I'll explain below what is happening. I should note I...