Windows 10: Internet Data Usage

Discus and support Internet Data Usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with my data usage calculation in settings the data usage says I used 13.20 GB here The problem is that when I try to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MostafaQandeel, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Internet Data Usage

Hello

I have a problem with my data usage calculation in settings

the data usage says I used 13.20 GB here

The problem is that when I try to see what app use that data,

It nly show me like 3 GB of usage

What is the problem here, please help

OS build: 19042.782

Internet Data Usage 2db1ee8b-5b19-41e7-b56b-36091131d715?upload=true.png

Internet Data Usage 6102e257-209f-452a-b3ef-df47f1213fcb?upload=true.png

:)

MostafaQandeel, Feb 6, 2021

2. network internet data usage

Hi,

One possible reason why the network data usage isn't showing up may be due to a third party program causing it not to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a third party app to monitor your internet usage?
    • Are you on a metered connection? To check, click this
      link
      and follow the steps.

We look forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Data card usage in windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to check which application is using Data.

• Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the
      Network & Internet icon.

• Click/tap on Data usage on the left side. You will now see a general overview of the network data usage from the last 30 days on your PC.

• Click/tap on the Usage details link on the right side under
      Overview.

• You will now see how much network data has been used by each app from the last 30 days.

After that go to task manager and End Task the Application which uses the internet.

• Press ctrl +shift +Esc to open Task manger.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Internet Data Usage

Internet data usage

Hi Weon,

It is possible that some of your apps are causing this issue. Some apps are automatically set to do automatic updates. Just to be sure, we recommend that you check the
    Task Manager for apps that might be consuming your data when you are using your computer. To do so, kindly do the following steps:

• Type task manager on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on App history.

Check each app's network activity and network usage for tile updates. If there are apps that are consuming your data even though you're not using them, kindly check and change their update settings. Also, what are the steps that you took to disable the Windows
    Update?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Internet Data Usage

1. Internet Data Usage - Similar Threads - Internet Data Usage

2. Incorrect Statistic in Network & Internet, Data Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Statistic in Network & Internet, Data Usage: As in this question, same problem occured with me. Follow attached the 1st screen capture.It shows the data usage as 131.17 GB for last 18 days. But as in the 2nd capture, belowOnly I can't see all the usage detail related to those 18 days and if these usages are related to...
  3. Incorrect Statistic in Network & Internet, Data Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Statistic in Network & Internet, Data Usage: As in this question, same problem occured with me. Follow attached the 1st screen capture.It shows the data usage as 131.17 GB for last 18 days. But as in the 2nd capture, belowOnly I can't see all the usage detail related to those 18 days and if these usages are related to...
  4. Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage: Hi. Just want a info for this System's Data Usage. Is this really normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/312cb68c-c89d-4270-82f3-5e4d0cdc668c
  5. Data usage

Data usage: I recently discovered that "System" is using a lot of data on my computer. I looked at a question somebody else asked that was the same as my question. Somebody suggested restricting the "regsvr32.exe" application from using data to fix the problem. My question it, what bad...
  6. Data Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Usage: Where I live there is a data cap and I was charged over 100$ for overage... Microsoft Corp is 79%of the data usage.... Being on metered obviously is just for show and no you cant disable those updates which are huge and using your data to do it nevermind using your data to...
  7. "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem: Hey there, As you can see "mpcmdrun.exe" file using 15gb data per month. I searched it it. Then they told me that is part of win defender. But how could a defender app using 15gb data per month? It must be disabled because I am using third party AV Bitdefender total...
  8. Data usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data usage: How avoid data use to system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-usage/3967634c-05fb-4546-af94-d29c8bcfdb88
  9. Data Usage

Data Usage: Was hoping of some help. When I go into my network settings and click data usage, it tells me 232 GB of ethernet, but when I open up the usage details, the app usage only totals 40 GB when added up. Can anyone explain why there would be such a huge discrepancy? Just for...
  10. Network & Internet not showing data usage properly

Network & Internet not showing data usage properly: Hey everyone, just built a PC recently with Windows 10 and noticed that data usage is not showing properly. On my other computer it shows an accurate data usage which is helpful. However on the new computer I think it may be a glitch since it's stuck on 2.88 MB for days now...