Windows 10: Internet disappeared from 1 machine

Discus and support Internet disappeared from 1 machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Came home, woke my machine up, and it had no internet. Was working when I left. The machine is connected to a switch via Ethernet, which in turn goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cozeen, Nov 6, 2019.

1. /u/Cozeen Win User

Internet disappeared from 1 machine

Came home, woke my machine up, and it had no internet. Was working when I left. The machine is connected to a switch via Ethernet, which in turn goes to a wifi extender. All other machines which use the dlink (wired & wireless) are working fine.

==== - Ethernet

------ - Wifi

[PC]===============>[dlink DIR-655 bridge mode]============>[wi-fi extender]----------------------[modem]

I've thrown everything I've got at this, to little avail. ipconfig, netsh, etc., reinstalling devices, drivers from the mobo website... On about the 38th retry of ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew, internet started working, until the machine fell asleep again, at which point, back to square one. At this point, I've got no internet, network is unidentified, and I have a 169.254.x.x local IP.

Would be very grateful for tips on this one, especially help to actually diagnose the problem, rather than throwing random commands at it, as Windows Help would have you do. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Cozeen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cozeen, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Programs Tab Disappears When Clicked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly do you mean by program tab disappears after you click it?

• Do you face this issue specific with program tab or all the tab?
    I suggest you to open Internet Option from Command prompt and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to open Internet Options.

1. Press windows + R and type
    inetcpl.cpl.

2. After opening the Internet options check if the issue still persist.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Edge favourites disappear and crash.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Before we proceed, I would like to know if the same issue arises when you log in Google and Youtube through Internet Explorer?

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Add Favorites.

I would suggest that you save all you favorites in Internet Explorer. Once done proceed to step2.

Step 2: Reset Edge.

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

• Once done import your favorites from Internet Explorer.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 6, 2019
  4. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet disappeared from 1 machine - Similar Threads - Internet disappeared machine

2. The Internet disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Internet disappeared: I was playing a browser game on my acer Swift 3 laptop yesterday and then I turned it off came back to it like 5 mins later and suddenly the Wi-Fi stopped working disappeared from the taskbar and in the network and internet section of settings it says I’m not connected to any...
  3. The Internet disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Internet disappeared: I was playing a browser game on my acer Swift 3 laptop yesterday and then I turned it off came back to it like 5 mins later and suddenly the Wi-Fi stopped working disappeared from the taskbar and in the network and internet section of settings it says I’m not connected to any...
  4. My bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my machine.: Hi.A few days ago, my laptop's Bluetooth just disappeared, it is not on the taskbar, it doesn't appear on Device Manager even after I've enabled the option to show hidden devices the driver is missing, on Settings I have no option to turn it on, I don't know what to do to get...
  5. My bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my machine.: Hi.A few days ago, my laptop's Bluetooth just disappeared, it is not on the taskbar, it doesn't appear on Device Manager even after I've enabled the option to show hidden devices the driver is missing, on Settings I have no option to turn it on, I don't know what to do to get...
  6. Internet network disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet network disappeared: My daughter's lenovo laptop had an update and her internet completely disappeared. This is happening for the 2nd time. I don't know what to do because I can't download anything because i can't connect it with ethernet since it doesn't have a port for it. Last time I just did...
  7. Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options: Hi All Sometimes the path disappears, then to get it back as default, either have to do a temp directory on my second drive, then run app trouble shooter or edit registry to get it back as default. Would this have anything to do with uninstalling Avast 1 time from...
  8. 1 Gbps internet

1 Gbps internet: I recently upgraded to 1 Gbps internet from 100/100 Mbps. Both of my computers run Win 10 Pro 64 bit systems. They are both connected via wifi and both have recorded speeds at around 100 Mbps using wifi. If I use an ethernet cable directly from the router I get almost 987...
  9. backup files from more than 1 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup files from more than 1 machine: Hi I have several laptops in the family all running windows 10. I have two questions Question1 I want to back them all up to one external drive. When I set up backup options (in settings) it doesn't give me the option to create a folder to put each back up - it just...
  10. internet always disappearing

internet always disappearing: internet always disappearing when i restart or turn on my computer. we are using a DHCP and domain and we are not using a static IP on every computer. 78940