Windows 10: Internet disconnects for 5-10 seconds randomly then comes right back.

Discus and support Internet disconnects for 5-10 seconds randomly then comes right back. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have been having this issue for a few weeks now where my internet connection will seemingly just drop for about 5-10 seconds then come right back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Reaper11790, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Internet disconnects for 5-10 seconds randomly then comes right back.

So I have been having this issue for a few weeks now where my internet connection will seemingly just drop for about 5-10 seconds then come right back without me doing anything. Sometimes it will happen every few minutes and sometimes I can go days without an issue. If I am playing a game or streaming something on twitch.tv it just freezes trying to connect until it comes back. I have discovered when it happens it is doing it on all 3 wired pcs on my network and wireless devices. I have tried a continuous ping test to the modem and found that I don't lose connection at all to the modem during these outages, but if I try to ping google it times out. I have tried dealing with my ISP multiple times and they have done things on their end trying to fix it with no success. They even sent me a new modem and that didn't fix the problem either. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on what the issue could be or things for me to try to fix it on my end or if it is basically on the ISP's end and I need to keep contacting them until they figure it out and fix it.

:)

Reaper11790, Oct 10, 2018

2. ( Windows 10 ) Internet randomly disconnects

As the title says, my Internet connection randomly disconnects. This ocurred only after I upgraded to Windows 10.

It's not the Wi-Fi, the Internet cable is directly plugged in my laptop. Also it is not the ISP either.

Marian Barba, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Internet cuts out randomly for a split second.

Starting this morning my internet cuts out randomly, but only for a second then it comes right back on. I have gone through power management and unchecked the box that allowed my PC to turn it off to conserve power, and checked the driver for the wireless
    receiver.

EthanBealle, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Internet disconnects for 5-10 seconds randomly then comes right back.

Internet disconnecting randomly

Hello,

We'd like to know if you've already tried to perform the steps given on this
    article
    . Since you mentioned that you've already tried connecting via wired connection, we'd like to know a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you also experiencing a limited connection error or intermittent internet via wired connection?
    • How many devices are connected on your Wi-Fi? Have you tried changing your Wi-Fi name and password before?

Meanwhile, please follow the steps given above on how to reset your TCP connection on your computer to see if there will be any changes.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Internet disconnects for 5-10 seconds randomly then comes right back.

1. Internet disconnects for 5-10 seconds randomly then comes right back. - Similar Threads - Internet disconnects seconds

2. Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?: Hello, I have always had slow internet, but recently my ethernet will randomly cut out for a second or two then come back. The interval is random, from just seconds after the last time to full hours. I have no idea what is happening, Windows says the drivers are all up to...
  3. Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?: Hello, I have always had slow internet, but recently my ethernet will randomly cut out for a second or two then come back. The interval is random, from just seconds after the last time to full hours. I have no idea what is happening, Windows says the drivers are all up to...
  4. Ethernet randomly cuts out for a second or two then comes back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back: My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back I have checked power settings and they are set to never go to sleep and it happens literally while typing on that monitor...
  6. INTERNET RANDOM DISCONNECTIVITY

INTERNET RANDOM DISCONNECTIVITY: HI! I am having two laptops ACER ASPIRE 5733z Windows 7 32 bit home premiumand HP Probook 430 g2 windows 10 64 bit pro and two ethernet cable 6 metre and 50 metre When connected with 6m wire both of the laptops perform very fine but in case of 50 m wire the acer one works...
  7. Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.: Out of nowhere, my second monitor acts like this. I'm not sure what causes this. Online I read it has to do with windows 10 sometimes, hence my post on this sub. I have already done the following: bought a new DisplayPort cable, changed cables (1st to 2nd monitor), updated...
  8. Internet Disconnects Randomly?

Internet Disconnects Randomly?: So, I've had this PC for a few years and it has been running perfectly fine up until now. Every once in a while, the internet will just randomly disconnect. Sometimes it'll manage to reconnect on its own, most of the time I have to restart, and once it restarts and comes back...
  9. Windows Internet Cuts off for a split second and comes back

Windows Internet Cuts off for a split second and comes back: hello, I,ve recently changed my motherboard and because the old windows couldn't recognize my new Mobo and devices so i had to Re-Install windows and now I'm facing a problem where the download speed of a file whether i download it in browser, steam, or any other starts at 0...
  10. Internet randomly disconnects.

Internet randomly disconnects.: In used a router and from the router started a wire that go in my pc. Disconects happend. I removed the router so I plug in the internet cable right from the ISP (without using a router) and it still happens, reinstalled my windows, yes, I tried this, still, the connection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet cuts out for 5 seconds

2. cable internet randomly drops then comes back

3. internet drops for a few seconds then comes back on

4. my internet cuts out randomly for 10 seconds,
  5. mediacom internet randomly drops for 5 seconds,
  6. modem randomly drops internet then comes back,
  7. I have good connection to internet but then it randomly cuts out and I have to disconnect and reconnect,
  8. internet randomly drops then comes back,
  9. internet freezes for split second,
  10. internet disconnects for 10 seconds then come bck,
  11. my internet dissconnects for 10 seconds,
  12. windows drop for a few seconds randomly internet,
  13. why my cable internet freezes for 10 seconds