Windows 10: Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

Discus and support Internet disconnects on startup windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,Whenever i startup my pc the internet disconnects , sometimes it'll connect back again on its own , and sometimes i'll need to connect on my own ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by leren1, May 22, 2022.

1. leren1 Win User

Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

Hi,Whenever i startup my pc the internet disconnects , sometimes it'll connect back again on its own , and sometimes i'll need to connect on my own , usually it happens like once or twice on startup , its really annoying and i dont know what to do , I recently downgraded from windows 11 , and while on windows 11 , I never had any issues with internet on startup , but now , i have it again , I had it also before upgrading to windows 11 , im running windows 10 home edition.Thanks

:)

leren1, May 22, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 22, 2022
  3. INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 22, 2022
  4. PC Pilot Win User

Bizarre Internet Disconnection Occurs During Windows 10 startup

Hi,

I am experiencing a very strange issue following a restart after automatic update KB4486553 was initiated on 15.03.19.

Issue Summary

My internet connections (2 X Ethernet + USB WiFi) all connect briefly during Windows (10) start-up before failing until briefly connecting during the shutdown sequence. Interestingly, the PC thinks that the internet is still connected and reports its status as such. To clarify, non of the usual warning triangles associated with internet connection issues are displayed either. All other devices on the network (including another similarly updated X99 Windows 10 PC from which I am reporting here) are unaffected.

Problem in Detail

Unusually, and perhaps evident only because the PC is an old X58 (Asus P6T7 board) and so boots slowly, on any re-boot the internet is initially connected (as evidenced by Google page, Outlook 2016, Teamviewer connection, WhatsApp access, OneDrive, Dropbox etc). However, within a couple of minutes (during the start-up sequencing) all connection is lost however the network settings "status" continues to report "You're connected to the Internet" (though clearly not) and no warning triangles are displayed either on the taskbar (or elsewhere). Connection is re-established (very briefly) once more during shut-down (evidenced by TeamViewer on the X99 identifying that the X58 had signed in).

Troubleshooting Steps (as attempted thus far as I am able to recall)

• Uninstall the Windows update which preceded the problem
    • Re-Start PC (Numerous Times)
    • Re-Start/Re-Boot Router (Multiple Times)
    • Swap both Ethernet Leads (with known good)
    • WiFi Network Report (graph shows connect/disconnects)
    • Ping (Gateway IP) - Always successful
    • Ping (Internet) - Always fails (to be fair, by the time I am able to Ping this is always after the connection has dropped)
    • Run Network Trouble-shooter (Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings)
    • Reset the TCP/IP Stack (netsh winsock reset/netsh int ip reset)
    • Release/Renew IP Address (ipconfig /renew & ipconfig /renew)
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache (ipconfig /flushdns)
    • Uninstalled, replaced and subsequently (as a further step) updated Network Adapter Drivers to latest released
    • Disabled (for testing) Antivirus & Firewall software
    • From within Windows 10 settings perform Network reset
    • Attempted a System Restore to three separate recent restore point (all fail to complete citing anti-virus despite this being disabled prior to restore attempts)
    • Attempted an "in place" system repair install (as detailed on these forums) - Fails to complete
    • Performed Route Print (both during initial start (connected) and subsequently (disconnected) ) - See content within attached Route Print text file
    • Re-boot to Safe Mode with Networking also selective start-up (msconfig) for diagnostic purposes
    • Compare network settings against working windows 10 machine for anomalies
    • Review of Event Viewer logs (Applications & Services logs) - Microsoft/Windows/Universal Telemetry Client
      • Event 55 Reports: "Is the Internet available:true"
      • Error 29 Reports: "Connection state - Some connections have failed since the previous period."

The situation as described above continues to occur in all scenarios despite applying the above troubleshooting steps, often multiple times and in various combinations.

I am reluctant to proceed to a full clean install whilst the anticipated 1903 update is scheduled for release within the next few weeks and so presents a sensible point to do so especially as I have numerous customisations to menu layout and device metadata (all of which have performed with out issue for many years) which I do not wish to unnecessarily repeat within such a short space of time.

Accordingly I would welcome any ideas as to other steps I might follow in order to resolve the problem. I hope ten forums experts can help shed some light on the likely cause.

Many thanks in anticipation of your kind assistance.

PC Pilot, May 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet disconnects startup

2. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects on startup windows 10: Hi,Whenever i startup my pc the internet disconnects , sometimes it'll connect back again on its own , and sometimes i'll need to connect on my own , usually it happens like once or twice on startup , its really annoying and i dont know what to do , I recently downgraded from...
  3. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnects on startup windows 10: Hi,Whenever i startup my pc the internet disconnects , sometimes it'll connect back again on its own , and sometimes i'll need to connect on my own , usually it happens like once or twice on startup , its really annoying and i dont know what to do , I recently downgraded from...
  4. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet disconnects on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. internet keeps disconnecting with windows 10

internet keeps disconnecting with windows 10: my PC with Windows10 keeps disconnecting. I had try all the steps from the forum of Microsoft on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-pc-keeps-disconnecting-from-internet/5db1b5a8-fe94-4ebf-b202-097707a9e159 By Andre for...
  8. Internet disconnected on startup (2004 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet disconnected on startup (2004 update): As said in the title, my internet (ethernet) is disconnected for 5-10 seconds after boot, then it automatically reconnects. Just enough to disturb my startup programs and then they need to reconnect as well. Anyone got any clues? It's not a deal breaking bug but damn...
  9. Bizarre Internet Disconnection Occurs During Windows 10 startup

Bizarre Internet Disconnection Occurs During Windows 10 startup: Hi, I am experiencing a very strange issue following a restart after automatic update KB4486553 was initiated on 15.03.19. Issue Summary My internet connections (2 X Ethernet + USB WiFi) all connect briefly during Windows (10) start-up before failing until briefly...
  10. Bizarre Internet Disconnection Occurs During Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Bizarre Internet Disconnection Occurs During Windows 10 startup: Hi, I am experiencing a very strange issue following a restart after automatic update KB4486553 was initiated on 15.03.19. Issue Summary My internet connections (2 X Ethernet + USB WiFi) all connect briefly during Windows (10) start-up before failing until briefly...