Windows 10: Internet disconnects problem

Discus and support Internet disconnects problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; PROBLEM: After start-up my Windows 10 desktop PC connects automatically to WiFi with Internet access. GoogleDrive and Dropbox sync successfully. About... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohanRothmann, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Internet disconnects problem

PROBLEM:
    After start-up my Windows 10 desktop PC connects automatically to WiFi with Internet access. GoogleDrive and Dropbox sync successfully. About 2 to 4 minutes after start-up, the Internet access is disconnected although the WiFi connection remains intact. Internet is still available on other devices smart phone, laptop using the same WiFi. This happens whether applications on the PC such as email are opened or not.

To restore Internet access I have to disconnect and reconnect sometimes more than once to the WiFi network on the desktop. Here after Internet access remains without a problem until power down.

This problem happened before after a Windows update. Somehow I resolved it with the attempts mentioned below. It returned - not sure but probably again after a Windows update.

ATTEMPTED TO FIX:
    I have researched and attempted all possible solutions that I could find on the Internet without success. This includes:
    Uninstalled and re-installed the WiFi adapter
    Moved the WiFi adapter to a different USB port
    Changed the power management setting for the WiFi adapter
    Checked that the WiFi adapter has the latest driver

Rebooted router

When I use "Troubleshoot problems" it returns: "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection" with no fix provided

MY EQUIPMENT:
    Desktop PC with Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1903 up to date with the latest updates installed
    CPU is Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz processor
    16GB RAM
    Gigabyte Motherboard
    Internet connection with fibre optic - uncapped, 40Mbs download
    ZyXEL WiFi router in a room 2m x 4m where all devices are used
    EDIMAX 150Mbps Wireless 802.11bgn Nano USB Adapter
    Avast antivirus software
    Google Chrome internet browser

:)

JohanRothmann, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Honey Win User

How to Schedule Auto shutdown when internet get disconnected?

thanks alot for effort, it would defenetly work but i got problem in one step,
    when i set action to run a program, i select "shutdown" and nothing happens. how to shutdown ?

Honey, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Internet disconnection

I don't know why I have disconnection while using the Internet. Is it due to the ISP or the router or modem? The modem and router all have lights on. It disconnected for less than 30s then back on.

mrthanhnguyen, Jun 27, 2020
  4. YIN
    Yin Win User

Internet disconnects problem

Random Internet Disconnect, whats up ?

don't get me wrong here.
    I mean there are a few steps that I know of which no one has suggested.

The reason why I ask ADSL or Cable is because they work differently (obviously).
    Since its Cable I wont bother with ADSL for now.

You 100% correct about the MAC address because cable authentic via MAC address.
    But there are heaps of simple things he can do before he contacts his ISP which may just get him to waste his time, such as checking the lights on the modem which usually are from top down

Power
    Receive
    Send
    PC Link
    Activity
    Standby

If the power light doesn't go solid green it indicates a power problem.
    check power cables.

If receive and send light aren't flashing signal problem.
    check coaxial cable connection (also its a good idea to disconnect it and reconnect it to reset the signal)

If receive is on and send is flashing.
    You can adjust the signal frequency inside the interface of the modem.

I used to work in a ISP and majority of the time just disconnecting the Coaxial cable and reconnecting it solves the problem. Also adjusting the has helped in situations.

Thema:

Internet disconnects problem

1. Internet disconnects problem - Similar Threads - Internet disconnects problem

2. Internet Disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Disconnections: So I bought a prevuilt PC recently and whenever I use it the internet works just fine, but when I go to play any game it works for a few hours and the turns off and it won't turn back on unless I turn the computer off for a few hours then turn it back on, it's difficult...
  3. Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem: So basically, whenever I use my Windows 11 laptop, every now and then, my wifi disconnects and says "No Internet". The internet works fine and has no speed issues. Also the other devices work fine, it's only this laptop that has this problem. When I try the troubleshooter, it...
  4. Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem

Wifi disconnection and No Internet problem: So basically, whenever I use my Windows 11 laptop, every now and then, my wifi disconnects and says "No Internet". The internet works fine and has no speed issues. Also the other devices work fine, it's only this laptop that has this problem. When I try the troubleshooter, it...
  5. Internet Disconnects

Internet Disconnects: Recently I’ve started encountering some Major internet problems. My internet connects and works just fine for things like discord and web browsing, but the second I open any game with multiplayer the ping spikes hard, up to 3000 without even matchmaking, causing my Wi-Fi to...
  6. Internet disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet disconnects: Hello, I really hope someone can help as running a cable to the room my pc is in would be an impossible task. Recently my internet has started to cut out at random intervals. (It has been absolutely fine for 2 months prior) It will still be connected to my router but will...
  7. Internet disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnection: So normally my wifi works just fine, but as soon as I open my laptop and start using it, the wifi starts to constantly connect and disconnect from ALL other devices. The device manager says that the driver is up to date, I tried resetting windows but a message popped up that...
  8. internet disconnect

internet disconnect: Hey i have a fresh new Windows 10 , the internet disconnect for 1-5 second and back again its really annoying i tried remove the network drivers and install it again nothing happen tried reset network same problem i tired everything in the internt and still get the same...
  9. internet disconnect

internet disconnect: so i install a fresh windows 10 download all update everything is great but i have a weird problem the internet disconnect for 1sec and come back again and this thing bother me a lot , i tried every solution but still the same , im using a cable and before install windows...
  10. internet disconnect

internet disconnect: Hey i have a fresh new Windows 10 , the internet disconnect for 1 second and back again its really annoying i tried remove the network drivers and install it again nothing happen tried reset network same problem can you help me...