Windows 10: internet disconnects when open any application

Discus and support internet disconnects when open any application in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, As soon as I open any application on my pc my downloads keep disconnecting. My Internet connection itself is not effect by it, at least it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kraiting, Dec 14, 2020.

1. kraiting Win User

internet disconnects when open any application

Hello,

As soon as I open any application on my pc my downloads keep disconnecting.

My Internet connection itself is not effect by it, at least it doesn't show any form of disconnect in windows, it is just the download that dcs.

If I use a download manager you can see that it instantly disconnects and reconnects again. If I leave my download manager open and do nothing everything works fine, as soon as I open anything else it starts disconnecting and reconnecting.

Downloads with any browser usually fail a couple of seconds after I started them.

It only happens on my PC. Every other device Laptop, Phone, Tablet, PS4 do not show this behaviour.

Things I have done:

- All drivers are up to date.

- Reinstalled all drivers

- Update windows

I am kinda out of ideas what that could be.

Best regards

Steffen

:)

kraiting, Dec 14, 2020

2. Internet still up but application fail

Would this be a networking issue if an application will disconnect from a server (saying it timed out) yet I can still PING in command prompt the server address?

I have an application that is java based as well as AOL Instant Messenger that every once in a while (not necessarily at the same time) I will get disconnected and will need to re-login. The issue and concern is that I opened up ms-dos prompt and pinged the server that I get disconnected from and it doesn't skip a beat. Meaning, the internet is still up but the application streaming failed.

Would something like Wireshark be able to properly diagnose what is going on? How would I figure out why this is happening?

forumsviewer, Dec 14, 2020
  3. INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 14, 2020
  4. internet disconnects when open any application

Internet disconnection

I don't know why I have disconnection while using the Internet. Is it due to the ISP or the router or modem? The modem and router all have lights on. It disconnected for less than 30s then back on.

mrthanhnguyen, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

internet disconnects when open any application

1. internet disconnects when open any application - Similar Threads - internet disconnects open

2. Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?: So I've been having this issue for awhile now:Any time I run a game, my internet will stop working completely, and return to normal after the game is shut off. I have wiped this computer 4 times to fix this issue to no avail. Even after changing internet providers the problem...
  3. Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Cuts out when any game is opened?: So I've been having this issue for awhile now:Any time I run a game, my internet will stop working completely, and return to normal after the game is shut off. I have wiped this computer 4 times to fix this issue to no avail. Even after changing internet providers the problem...
  4. When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason: When I open any application it gets so laggy and looks like it only does 2 frames per second. This had randomly started happening the other day. I tried factory resetting it and that seems to have done nothing. I have updated the driver and still did not help with anything. I...
  5. When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason: When I open any application it gets so laggy and looks like it only does 2 frames per second. This had randomly started happening the other day. I tried factory resetting it and that seems to have done nothing. I have updated the driver and still did not help with anything. I...
  6. Internet/Network drops when opening any application.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet/Network drops when opening any application.: Good evening! I have spent the last few hours trying to find a pattern to my internet disconnects and found a connection, but have no idea how to use this info to solve the problem. My internet keeps losing connection. This only occurs on my pc and laptop windows 10 and...
  7. Task View doesn't work when any applications are open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View doesn't work when any applications are open: As stated in the title, the Task View pane doesn't show up when any applications are running on that virtual desktop. It works normally when nothing is open, and all keyboard shortcuts remain functional even when the task pane doesn't show up. Windows Information: Edition...
  8. 1000 CMD OPENING WHEN RUNNING ANY APPLICATION

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1000 CMD OPENING WHEN RUNNING ANY APPLICATION: Hello,i am stucked at a problem where i run anything some or unlimited cmd's opens with the location of Documents folder or System 32.I think it's a virus but i have 3 antivirus installed but unfortunately that dosen't worked and also a notepad opened and has a commanbd like...
  9. Internet disconnected when downloading

Internet disconnected when downloading: Hi, My problem is rather unusual. My connection to internet will turn off whenever I downloading. Not just that, it also disconnecting my wifi on my phone. I have a housemate here and he is not affected. He tried downloading and everything works just fine. I've tried...
  10. Wireless disconnect when opening internet browser

Wireless disconnect when opening internet browser: Hello friends New TV box with Windows 10 Connects to the wireless network without problems and shows strong signal. ping the router and the external dns is continuous without problems. As soon as I open a browser (Chrome or IE) ping stops . There are other laptops and...