Windows 10: Internet disconnects whenever I open a game

Discus and support Internet disconnects whenever I open a game in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this problem for over a MONTH. Whenever I open any game my internet disconnects completely and the only way to get my internet back is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RafinDanial, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Internet disconnects whenever I open a game

I've had this problem for over a MONTH. Whenever I open any game my internet disconnects completely and the only way to get my internet back is to restart my laptop, sometimes I have to restart twice to see an available wi-fi. I've tried nearly every possible solution to this problem such as reinstalling windows 10, performing a repair upgrade, reinstalling my wi-fi adapters, updating my wi-fi adapters, resetting my network and resetting my ip settings.Please I hope someone can help me fix this issue, I just want to play games again.

:)

RafinDanial, Jul 12, 2021
  2. ghcBuG Win User

Internet disconnects frequently while playing steam games

Yes, I can confirm that both the computer which I am starting the game on, and another computer, gets a Ping Timeout.

What happens is, i start the game. As soon as i do anything that interferes with the internet (e.g. loading up the Servers list to join a game, or sometimes i even get into the game, but gets disconnected too quick for me to start playing)

ghcBuG, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Internet disconnects whenever I open a game

INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Internet disconnects whenever I open a game

1. Internet disconnects whenever I open a game - Similar Threads - Internet disconnects whenever

2. Internet Drops to 1 mbps whenever i open any game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Drops to 1 mbps whenever i open any game: I had this issue from the last 1 week. Whenever i open any game my internet just goes to 1 mbps and when i close the game it just gets back to 150 mbpsi tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the wifi drivers but it does not work i tried every single tricks that i have seen...
  3. Headphone audio stops whenever I open a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone audio stops whenever I open a game: My audio works fine when playing smaller games, but when I open up bigger, more demanding games like Portal 2 or GTA V, my audio stops working through my headphones. It works through the startup screens, but goes away after that. For example, in Portal 2, the audio works...
  4. Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game: I have had this issue for a while. I had even factory reset my laptop just last week and wiped it clean and it still continues to disconnect from the internet. I happened to notice that when I start to play a game the internet will stay on, but when I exit out the game...
  5. Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game: I have had this issue for a while. I had even factory reset my laptop just last week and wiped it clean and it still continues to disconnect from the internet. I happened to notice that when I start to play a game the internet will stay on, but when I exit out the game...
  6. Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.: The other night i was trying to play team fortress 2 with some friends when my computer blue screened for no apparent reason. Without fail, each time my computer would restart, id log back in, and at some point as im playing id get another blue screen. I tried updating my...
  7. Wifi disconnect whenever open online games

Wifi disconnect whenever open online games: Whenever i open the online gamegenshin impactmy connection lost.The only way i can get back is by restart my laptop.Sometimes it is also not work and need to shut down for a few minutes.I think a few days before i update my windows to latest update.that is what i though the...
  8. Wifi disconnects whenever i open a game

Wifi disconnects whenever i open a game: I've had this problem for a couple weeks now and I've tried everything. So what happens is whenever i open any game,valorant as an example, I can play it for a couple minutes befor my wifi disconnects completely. The only way of getting the internet back is by restarting the...
  9. Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game

Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game: So i've had this problem for a couple weeks now. Whenever i open a game like valorant my internet disconnects entirely. The only way to fix it is to update the network driver and it will fix it for a couple minutes and go back to disconnecting. My internet works completely...
  10. Disconnecting from games but not internet

Disconnecting from games but not internet: Basically as the title reads I have been disconnecting from games like runescape, overwatch, warzone, tf2 and apex legends but i stay connected to the internet and i dont't even disconnect from discord.I have tried a few things-reinstalled graphics driversreinstalled network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. internet disconnects when i start a games windows 10