Windows 10: Internet DNS Issue?

Discus and support Internet DNS Issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I run normally at 10-15 MB/s for internet, but when I'm playing ANYTHING, from League of Legends to Apex Legends to Destiny 2, it runs super fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Excitement-Any, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Internet DNS Issue?

So I run normally at 10-15 MB/s for internet, but when I'm playing ANYTHING, from League of Legends to Apex Legends to Destiny 2, it runs super fine and everything is dandy until about 20-30 minutes in where I'll just disconnect from nowhere and freeze up for about 10-15 secodns which forces me to disconnect and reconnect to my internet. ALSO when this happens, sometimes discord will still work and I will still be talking to my friends as my internet goes out. When this happens I also cannot access chrome as youtube reads a DNS issue where it cannot locate a DNS server, this error is on my screen from 3 seconds before it then reads "There is no wifi connection"

I've tried to flush my DNS, I've tried to renew my stuff in CMD, but nothing that is in CMD relating to DNS works, I have no clue what to do and it's gotten to the point where I've just bought a new wifi card and it still does the same thing. I've reinstalled drivers as well and I have no clue why it's still doing this. I'm running on a new SSD with a fresh install of Windows as well. \

I have an intel Dual Band AC 8265 Wifi Card.

submitted by /u/Excitement-Any
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Excitement-Any, Jul 1, 2020

2. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Internet DNS Issue? [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Internet DNS Issue? [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Jul 1, 2020
  3. DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 1, 2020
  4. LeonLaude Win User

Internet DNS Issue?

DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Internet DNS Issue?

1. Internet DNS Issue? - Similar Threads - Internet DNS Issue

2. Issues with DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with DNS: Basicly i've tried resetting my dns settings by following this guide but it wont change I did every way that they shown and it didn't fix itself, it carries over from network to network and is an issue because I cant login to my school's wifi.here's the logs from Windows...
  3. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  4. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  5. Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?: Hi. I'm facing this issue in my laptop where it connects to any wi-fi network but doesn't connect to internet. The same wi-fi network works perfectly fine on other devices. Some of the fixes I've tried but didn't work for last hour and a half: cmd: /flushdns...
  6. DNS Issues

DNS Issues: lost of internet connection due to DNS issues, how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-issues/6689bee1-7d92-49a6-91ea-710d8111c2b3
  7. Loss of internet - DNS Issues

Loss of internet - DNS Issues: Several computers have been loosing internet. The computer diagnostic says its a DNS issue but only a restart fixes the problem. All the other computers will be fine during the time one is down. It appears to be online when looking at the icon in the bottom corner of the...
  8. DNS issue?

DNS issue?: I have a new Win 10 Pro laptop for a user. It is in the domain now. I do an ipconfig /all and it shows me it's ip address. From another machine, I can ping it by it's ip address. I can not ping it by name ; it is timing out. If I do an nslookup on the ip address, it shows me...
  9. DNS Issue

in Browsers and Email
    DNS Issue: Hello, Could use some help with this error message. It started after the Cumulative Update Build 15063.138 (KB4015583) install today. This only happens with Edge. IE, FF etc work fine. I've flushed the DNS cache etc. Still no joy. What's online for fixes are confusing and...
  10. DNS issue, no internet

DNS issue, no internet: I've been running into this issue with my pc for the past couple days. I have had no internet due to a DNS issue. It was defaulted to automatic so I tried the Google DNS as well as the opendns addresses, nothing. I was, and currently am, hard wired but I also tried using...