Windows 10: Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping

Discus and support Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S540 a couple months ago. Since getting it, I have had to reconnect to the internet every single time I go to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NML02, Feb 18, 2020.

1. NML02 Win User

Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping

I got a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S540 a couple months ago. Since getting it, I have had to reconnect to the internet every single time I go to use the laptop, whether it has just been sleeping or fully turned off. I read that this might be related to an issue with Windows 10. None of my other devices, including my husband's laptop have this problem. Is there a fix for this? I have my Network settings set to connect automatically to the internet, and I have tried turning my hotspot off and on, but the problem persists. Thank you!

:)

NML02, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Gramps Win User

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Feb 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Disappearing internet connection after putting computer into sleep mode.

Hello Robert,

The challenge that you are having with the Internet connection may be related to how the hardware components of your computer are being handled by the drivers that are installed. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you run Power Troubleshooter as it
    can automatically find and fix the issue with your power settings. Simply follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo to open the search box.
    • Type troubleshooting, hit Enter.
    • Now click System and Security.
    • Click Power.

Since you also mentioned that it happened after the update, it's possible that your drivers remain outdated. We suggest that you update drivers by following the steps on this
    link.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet does not remain connected when computer turned off or sleeping - Similar Threads - Internet does remain

2. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  3. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  4. Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on: My computer's Bluetooth does not connect the devices after turning the computer off and on, every time I turn on the computer I have to go to the settings, delete the device I want to use and pair it again....
  5. Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth does not connect after turning computer off and on: My computer's Bluetooth does not connect the devices after turning the computer off and on, every time I turn on the computer I have to go to the settings, delete the device I want to use and pair it again....
  6. Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10: Hello I'm trying to solve a problem with a desktop computer's internet connection turning off when put into sleep mode. The computer has a wired/lan internet connection. When the user wakes the computer, it takes 30 seconds or so to reconnect. He has tried the steps in this...
  7. SSD drive light remains solid does not turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD drive light remains solid does not turn off: Another day, another format and restore, another problem with Windows 10. So now, what is causing my SSD drive access light to remain on, solid at all times yet there isn't any drive access?...
  8. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on: It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330. When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep, once it is turned back on, it won't connect to the same wifi connection that it was previously connected to. I am unsure if...
  10. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...