Windows 10: Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10

Discus and support Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I tried to create a wifi hotspot from my laptop so that I can connect another device to it but every time I do it the laptop's internet just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Distinct_Rate_6044, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10

Recently I tried to create a wifi hotspot from my laptop so that I can connect another device to it but every time I do it the laptop's internet just stops working and it won't let me share the hotspot because I have no connections. I didn't face this problem before is it some sort of bug?

submitted by /u/Distinct_Rate_6044
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Distinct_Rate_6044, Jun 30, 2022

2. WiFi hotspot with no internet

I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature.

Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's because there's no internet connection to share. I'm not trying to share an internet connection, I just want some local devices to be on the same WiFi network.

I know it works, because if I briefly connect the Windows 10 device to a smartphone WiFi hotspot (And I have to enable data on the phone !?$.&#&!!! darn it!!?) I can then turn on the Windows 10 hotspot then disconnect from the phone.

Then I can use the windows 10 wifi hotspot and connect other devices to it. "There's no internet connection to share, but your mobile hotspot is still on".

I don't have a clue why anyone thinks a wifi hotspot is just about "sharing an internet connection."

Is there some way I can enable the hotspot without the ridiculous demand I connect to the internet in order to switch it on?

( (J(R)C) ), Jun 30, 2022
  3. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10

1. Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet doesn't sharing

2. Internet doesn't work when starting hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet doesn't work when starting hotspot: Whenever I start hotspot from my laptop whether while connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet the internet stops working on my device despite working on connected devices and it doesn't show it's disconnected on my deviceI have all updates installed, and tried uninstalling both Wi-Fi...
  3. Internet doesn't work when starting hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet doesn't work when starting hotspot: Whenever I start hotspot from my laptop whether while connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet the internet stops working on my device despite working on connected devices and it doesn't show it's disconnected on my deviceI have all updates installed, and tried uninstalling both Wi-Fi...
  4. Internet doesn't work when starting hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  6. Hotspot internet sharing

Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  7. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: WiFi hotspot with no internet I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's...
  8. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's because there's no internet...
  9. Mobile hotspot in Windows 10, but internet not shared

Mobile hotspot in Windows 10, but internet not shared: Dear, Please have a look at the highlighted text, it shows "Hosted network support" is not supported. Can u please guide me? Do I need to update any hardware or software for this to get supported? Thanks Saneejali [ATTACH]...
  10. Problems sharing internet with hotspot

Problems sharing internet with hotspot: I've created hosted network with this command NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase then activated it like this netsh wlan start hostednetwork Now i am supposed to share Ethernet internet with this hotspot interface, but there is...