Windows 10: Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the...

Discus and support Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 OS: When downloading on Chrome, Firefox, IE11, and Bing users can save-as and browse to choose the file location. While browsing, not all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SZetts, Mar 24, 2019.

1. SZetts Win User

Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the...

Win 10 OS: When downloading on Chrome, Firefox, IE11, and Bing users can save-as and browse to choose the file location. While browsing, not all of the folder contents are shown. Only the files that have the same file extension as the download file are shown. Often I have folders with the same name (drawing downloads) that are located under different folders (customer). Sometimes I cannot find a download or I discover that a downloaded file was inadvertently saved in the wrong folder. I surmise that this happens to most of the Windows community to varying degrees. Users probably would have recognized it was the wrong folder if we could see the contents. Instead the folder appears empty or structured differently and we cannot take advantage of inherent human pattern recognition to assess that it is the same folder we were just viewing moments ago. Within Windows we can cut, move and paste, drag-drop, and save-as files all the while seeing all of the folder contents. Having that additional content information and folder structure increases the probability we are placing files where we intend. Can this feature be added now? Is it worthy of placing on a wish list?

Considering the emphasis on AI today, any features software developers can include to reduce steps and human error is advantageous for users.

:)

SZetts, Mar 24, 2019
  2. LauraWan Win User

Dialog Box Save/Open

When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved
    in the drop down list? I know how to disable the jump list in Windows 10 by turning of Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar by the toggle button so that it says Off. That doesn't clear the list that I want it to.

Example in photo (Yes I am aware that is Windows 8/8.1 but I have Windows 10):

Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the... 866e2dca-7080-43d0-adc1-ba806bdcfe67?upload=true.png

LauraWan, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Dialog Box Save/Open

Hi, Laura,

this list shows files located in this folder not those one have saved in this program.

Right now I see in Notepad file with xlsx extension thou I saved it not in Notepad but Excel.

Igor Leyko, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the...

Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails

Usually you can simply hide or show the folders from the link at bottom left in Save As dialog:

Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the... [​IMG]

Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the... [​IMG]

In your case though I am not sure if this is the case because although your folders are hidden, the dialog in your screenshot is showing the Hide folders link when it should show Show folders.

Thema:

1. Internet Download Save-As Dialog Box only shows files that have the same extension as the... - Similar Threads - Internet Download Save

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Explorer add-on/extension to easily access recent folders in file open/save dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer add-on/extension to easily access recent folders in file open/save dialog boxes: In the times before Windows 7, I had an add-on to my Windows Explorer that was adding an extra button to the Save and Open dialog boxes providing a list of the recently used folders in a drop down menu. That sounds to me like an obvious feature: when you are about to save a...
  6. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  7. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  8. all of a sudden my print dialog box only allows SAVE TO FILE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all of a sudden my print dialog box only allows SAVE TO FILE: in the printer properties I see that my default Epson XP-960 is attached to the port FILE. how can I change what port my printer is matched with? my printer was working fine 1 hour ago, but I think maybe an update to Windows 10 happened while I was out of the room.......
  9. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  10. Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails: Hi, I was trying to save an image from the internet and my fingers slipped on a key. Since then every time the save-as box opens, where the files should show, it is just grey. I will attach a picture to show the issue. Could someone please assist me in getting back the...