Windows 10: Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl

Discus and support Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro Asus RAMPAGE IV Extreme motherboard/ 3960x cpu/ 32gb RAM/ GTX 1080 x2 sli Intel 82579V gigabit onboard LAN Upgraded to 1 gig internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WhiskeyJack, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl

Win 10 Pro
    Asus RAMPAGE IV Extreme motherboard/ 3960x cpu/ 32gb RAM/ GTX 1080 x2 sli
    Intel 82579V gigabit onboard LAN

Upgraded to 1 gig internet, which was working fine, then decided to update firmware, secure erase my ssd's and reinstall WIN 10 to get the drives back up to speed, which all went fine.

Now my internet DL speeds are capped at 200 Mbps, but I was getting 990 Mbps before the WIN reinstall. I have tried multiple LAN drivers, as most search results of similar problems come back with 'installing the LAN driver fixed it.' Installing the drivers did not fix it.

I have tried the driver from the ASUS website and from the Intel website and tried just not installing the driver and let windows do it. I have tried installing and not installing the chipset drivers. I have tried doing all these things in different orders. I have tried reinstalling on different hard drives.

I have tried different ethernet cables. Tried messing with multiple settings in the advanced properties of the network card in device manager to no effect. Link speed shows 1 Gbps Full Duplex, passes all diagnostics.

Strange thing is if I do a speed test from Netflix it shows 1.2 Gbps consistently. Anywhere else the results are mixed and the more times you do the test the closer it gets to 200 Mbps. If I try to download a file from anywhere or install something through Steam, Blizzard app, or the windows store its all capped at 200 Mbps (20-25 MB/s) Other devices on my network are getting the full internet speed.

I am completely out of ideas here.

:)

WhiskeyJack, Aug 26, 2019

2. Internet Download Speed

I have Spectrum as my ISP and have selected their 200 Mbps Internet package. When I measure my download speed on my computer, I rarely exceed 100 Mbps. The Spectrum service technician came to my home today and using his instrument, measured in excess
    of 200 Mbps going into my Modem. Bottom line - he claims that the speed measurement of 100 Mbps that I measure is due to my computer not being able to "support" the 200 Mbps download speed. My computer has a Broadcom.11n Network Adapter card, driver version
    6.30.223.263. I tried to update the driver under Driver Manager and after a Web search, it came back and said that you have the latest driver. I went on the Web and discovered that Softpedia's website offers driver version 7.35.340.0 for the Broadcom.11n
    for a Windows 10, 64 bit OS which is also my OS. Is it safe to install this apparently later driver version and will that make any difference in my computer's ability to "support" a 200 Mbps download speed? Is there any way I can upgrade my computer to take
    advantage of the 200 Mbps that is available from Spectrum? I confess to being "computer ignorant" in what it is that limits a computer's ability to support a high download speed - is it the network adapter card?

DONALD BARTEL, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited

Hi,

I Have installed on my brand new laptop windows 10 Home "already updated", I have a 10 Mbps internet connection but only reaches 1.2 Mbps, I ran a speed test on my phone that uses the same WiFi and is reaching 9 Mbps. Something is limiting the bandwidth
    almost in 90% of its capacity, WiFi driver is Updated and I'm sitting next to the modem to get a better signal strength and I get full signal bars but the speed still the same, I already tried some basic troubleshooting suggested by Microsoft but still does
    not work, I don't think something is consuming the bandwidth because my phone gets a good speed. I don't know what else to do.

Modified title from: Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSHNKANTAM, Aug 26, 2019
  4. SDCUK Win User

Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl

Internet Speed issues in uk, my friends get an average download speed of 90+ Mbps, whereas I get at most 10 Mbps.

Original Title -
    UK Internet Speed Question

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area but was wondering about Internet speeds in the UK . Basically my friends get an average download speed of 90+ Mbps, whereas I get at most 10
    Mbps. We only live a few miles apart, why is this? My friends are with Virgin and I am with Sky. Cheers!

SDCUK, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl

1. Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl - Similar Threads - Internet download speed

2. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  3. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  4. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  6. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  7. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

8. internet speed limited to 45 mbps

internet speed limited to 45 mbps: i use windows 10 and its network is slow but in the win7 it is very fast and gets up to 140mbps speed internet but in win10 it is limited to 45mbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-limited-to-45-mbps/122b376c-3434-4726-8b09-ece5f25e4bbc
  9. Internet speed limit

Internet speed limit: Hi, I'm using Win 10, and I have a cable internet connection, it's a business line, so it needs to be min 270Mb/s, most of the day I can get 75-85Mb/s on any test, but if I unplug the cable for a couple of seconds the speed picks up to 340-360Mb. Any Idea what could be the...
  10. Internet Speed is limited

Internet Speed is limited: So i recently got the 150mbps 5g connection and also on speed tester it gives me the 150mbps speed but somehow on doing other things like downloading games and videos and other stuff it is only limited to 17.6 mbps and does not go any higher than that. i tried searching the...