Windows 10: Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Discus and support Internet download speed suddenly dropped in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Giulio DZ, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Giulio DZ Win User

Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks that when I am on my Windows 10, I get a download speed of 10-20MB/s, and sometimes I can't even get to 5MB/s. I have all my network adapters updated. I also tried deleting and installing them again but that didn't work.I also have my IPv4 DNS set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.I tried running a troubleshoot but nothing came out

:)

Giulio DZ, Mar 16, 2022

2. DL speed drop

Hi,BenjaminMello

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

How many devices that are connected to the internet, possible that you been experience a high traffic connection to your internet,that's why the speed drop while you were downloading and if only one device is connected, I suggest to run a speed test, make sure
    to get the download speed and then the Upload speed, if the Upload speed getting only 1mbps and then you have an issue to your connection, and I suggest to contact your service provider and to trace your line connection and asked what is the upload standard
    upload speed that you have in the package of your internet, because if your getting a 40 Mbps of speed expect the upload speed should be more than 5 Mbps to 10 mbps.that will depend what packaged that

EriksonBautista24, Mar 16, 2022
  3. DL speed drop

Hi, BenjaminMello

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

How many devices that are connected to the internet, possible that you experience a high traffic connection to your internet, that's why the speed drop while you were downloading and if only one device is connected, I suggest to run a speed test, make sure
    to get the download speed and then the Upload speed, if the Upload speed getting only 1mbps and then you have an issue to your connection, and I suggest to contact your service provider and to trace your line connection and asked what is the upload standard
    upload speed that you have in the package of your internet because if your getting a 40 Mbps of speed to expect the upload speed should be more than 5 Mbps to 10 mbps.that will depend on what packaged that you have.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Mar 16, 2022
  4. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

Internet download speed suddenly dropped

1. Internet download speed suddenly dropped - Similar Threads - Internet download speed

2. Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?: My internet speed suddenly drops to few kbps. The only thing that fixes it is to toggle the airplane mode off and on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-speed-dropping-suddenly-to-kbps/89203f1a-e9aa-49bf-b2b2-0a95ed18df1f
  3. Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?: My internet speed suddenly drops to few kbps. The only thing that fixes it is to toggle the airplane mode off and on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-speed-dropping-suddenly-to-kbps/89203f1a-e9aa-49bf-b2b2-0a95ed18df1f
  4. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  5. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  6. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  7. download speed suddenly drops to 0

download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  8. download speed suddenly drops to 0

9. Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.: [ATTACH] I am facing this problem on daily basis. I experience this most during youtube or watching any streaming service The internet speed will be fine when i start a video on youtube/ streaming service and the video loads till 1 minute or so and later it buffers or...
  10. Sudden Internet Speed Drop

Sudden Internet Speed Drop: Hello. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I was getting between 40-60mb download, when my ISP package says 200mb. I was previously getting the full 200mb and then some. Technicians from my ISP came out, ran new cabling through the house and out to the pole, then tested it at the...