Windows 10: Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

Discus and support Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PandaMonium2, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI dongle, that didn't work. I purchased a WI-FI extender, that also didn't work. Is there any reason that, after switching SSD's, my network download speed significantly dropped? And is there anyway I can fix this?

:)

PandaMonium2, Sep 23, 2022

2. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working super-fast, requiring me to reduce the speed setting back to 10?

silverlightbill, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Portugal Win User
    Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Hello.
    After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up.

Without External Virtual Switch:

Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's. [​IMG]

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 911Mbps, download 777Mbps):

• Lan Speed test (746 Mbps upload and 716 Mbps download):

With External Virtual Switch:

• CPU usage while on Speedtest (notice the first core is fully maxed out):

• Lan Speed Test (742 Mbps upload and 596Mbps download):

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 861 Mbps, download 583 Mbps):

• CPU usage while on Iperf (download) - Notice, once again, Core 1 fully maxed out​:

Conclusion

When the External Virtual Switch is enabled, I assume the download speed is lower due to the fact one CPU core is being maxed out, my question is why? Why isn't the load spread throughout the cores?
    Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Regards.

Portugal, Sep 23, 2022
  4. cereberus Win User

Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Have you set the number of cores to 8 in hyer-v settings (virtual processor). No idea otherwise.

cereberus, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

1. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's. - Similar Threads - Internet download speed

2. My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet "download" speed reduces after some time of system use.: Hi,To summarize, my internet speed is 150mbps, and speedtest results show 150mbps+ download and upload after system is turned on. After some time i've done my stuff, particularly gaming and browsing, the "download" speed reduces to nearly half or below. On the other hand, my...
  3. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.: My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI...
  4. Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet download speed suddenly reduced after switching SSD's.: My old SSD had corrupted so I had to switch it out and reinstall everything. I installed all of my drivers and updated my network adapters and it still hasn't fixed anything. It's very aggravating as my D/L speed only goes up to 25mbps. I've purchased a separate USB WI-FI...
  5. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  6. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  7. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced: After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working...
  9. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced: After this week's Windows 10 update, my mouse cursor speed was suddenly reduced. I went into Settings, and increased the speed from 10 to 20, and now it appears to be working normally. But why the change? And at some point in the future, will my mouse begin working...
  10. Mouse cursor speed suddenly reduced