Windows 10: Internet Download Speed

Discus and support Internet Download Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am running windows 10 on my desktop PC (an old dell machine). I have recently had to do a repair installation and have since had an update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PADDYCL, Jun 21, 2019.

1. PADDYCL Win User

Internet Download Speed

Hi, I am running windows 10 on my desktop PC (an old dell machine). I have recently had to do a repair installation and have since had an update download. I now find that whichever of the two internet USB adaptors ( a TP-link or Belkin) I plug in I am getting download speeds of 1.5 or less, all other computers (laptops) in the house are getting 20 or more. My internet provider is Virgin Media and they do not have any service problems in my area. What has gone wrong and how do I correct it? Regards Paddy.

:)

PADDYCL, Jun 21, 2019

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Internet Download Speed

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Internet Download Speed

1. Internet Download Speed - Similar Threads - Internet Download Speed

2. internet faster speed but download slow speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet faster speed but download slow speed: in 10/6/2023 to 11/7/2023 i have download speed so faster 80 mbps to 150 mbps i'm so happy download game in steam and google more. but 11/8/2023 to now my download 22 mbps to 23 mbps but i lock speedtest show faster 80 mbps to 150 mbps. how to fix it? i want speed faster As...
  3. internet faster speed but download slow speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet faster speed but download slow speed: in 10/6/2023 to 11/7/2023 i have download speed so faster 80 mbps to 150 mbps i'm so happy download game in steam and google more. but 11/8/2023 to now my download 22 mbps to 23 mbps but i lock speedtest show faster 80 mbps to 150 mbps. how to fix it? i want speed faster As...
  4. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  5. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  6. fast internet but slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast internet but slow download speed: I am on win 11. I get about 900 Mb download yet on steam and epic games I get only from 100KB to 20MB.it should be around 40MB.I tried a number of solutions but none worked.I need help....
  7. fast internet but slow download speed

fast internet but slow download speed: I am on win 11. I get about 900 Mb download yet on steam and epic games I get only from 100KB to 20MB.it should be around 40MB.I tried a number of solutions but none worked.I need help....
  8. Internet download speed slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet download speed slow.: PC originally Win 8.1 - updated to Win 10. Have superfast broadband. Internet download speed significantly reduced/throttled. Can only be rectified by going into Safe Mode with Networking. What is the cause of this? Is it possible to restore full download speed in Normal...
  9. Low download speed with high internet speed.

Low download speed with high internet speed.: When I run an internet speed test, it gives me roughly 25 mbps, but when I download a program, it only downloads at about 3 mbps, while the task manager's wifi monitor shows the same number as the speed test. I tried the solutions in this post Why is my download speed so...
  10. Declining Internet download speed

Declining Internet download speed: Hi All, 1st Time poster after frequenting the forums for sometime for assistance and tips. It's a bit of a weird one, my download speed gradually declines to barely 1mbps but my upload speed stays pretty consistent. My pc rarely turns off or restarts unless...