Windows 10: Internet dropping for unknown reason

Discus and support Internet dropping for unknown reason in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve recently been experiencing a network issue in which web pages suddenly will fail to load, despite the wifi connection remaining fine. It happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrantaLocked, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Internet dropping for unknown reason

I’ve recently been experiencing a network issue in which web pages suddenly will fail to load, despite the wifi connection remaining fine. It happens randomly but is guaranteed to happen within the first hour of browsing the web. It does not happen with other devices, and when it does happen, those other devices can browse the web just fine. Yes, I’ve reset my router and switched to different channels, and my signal is fine. Also tried both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, both have the problem. Also tried different drivers, happens with all drivers. Also messed with advanced settings in device manager, but I’d need guidance with what exactly I should do there. When the drop happens, running the windows troubleshooter immediately fixes the problem. Screen shots on the browser errors and troubleshooting report attached in this post.

I started experiencing this after I upgraded my CPU, from the i5-4690 to the i7-5775c. Network adapter is the Asus PCE-AC68 with latest 2114 driver. My motherboard is the MSI H97M G43, which is running the latest BIOS updated to support this processor. Video card is EVGA GTX 1070 SC. I may have updated my video card driver around the time I did my processor, so I’ll have to try out an earlier video card driver. I have the PCI-e card inserted in a full size slot, and even though it was already in that slot, maybe putting it in the x4 slot will do something.

What is strange is that if I’m watching a stream, on twitch for example, and the problem happens, new web pages will not load but the stream will continue to play and I can see the buffer health not losing seconds, confirming it’s still using the internet. Any help appreciated.

Network
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

:)

TrantaLocked, Oct 16, 2016

2. For some unknown and unexplainable reason my audio devices always change to stock settings

How can it be compatibility issues when it happens across so many different computers with different hardware? There are a ton of people asking this same question on many different forums. I did not just make up the fact that this is happening to so many
    people on so many machines. Try it on your pc, change the default sampling rate to something other than stock or plug in a second pair of 2.1 desktop speakers and set the config to quadrophonic and let me know if it stays the way you set it after a couple
    days or if it changes back to stock settings without notice. I have tried a clean install of windows more than once, how is creating a new user account going to further isolate the issue? I appreciate your response, I'm sorry I'm so frustrated. This is an
    issue I have been trying to figure out for years on different computers and different audio hardware and you seemed to ignore half of what wrote in my question. Thanks for your time, I hope we can resolve this or at least tell me I'm just insane and it's
    all in my head. I'm not using fancy hardware, all my speakers are plugged into the 3.5mm output jacks on my motherboard and it doesn't matter what speakers I use it always happens. Windows does all the surround decoding and I love the way it sounds until it
    randomly resets to stereo and forgets room correction and default format, then I have to reconfigure my audio device under speaker properties again.

Thagamer83, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Karen Her Win User
    For some unknown and unexplainable reason my audio devices always change to stock settings

Hi,

There could be some compatibility issue that’s why this is happening on your audio settings. We appreciate that you have performed multiple troubleshooting steps to resolve this. To further isolate the issue, we suggest you to create a new user account,
    and check if you will experience the same thing with the new user account. You can refer to this article (Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 1
    ) for the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

Internet dropping for unknown reason

1. Internet dropping for unknown reason - Similar Threads - Internet dropping unknown

2. Sound drops for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound drops for no reason: My sound dropping everytime I play music or even playing games. I have headset connected and sometimes at the middle of games, videos or music sound will drop to 0. I tried the headset to other device but no issue at all. I disconnected my headset and use my speaker and same...
  3. Sound drops for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drops for no reason: My sound dropping everytime I play music or even playing games. I have headset connected and sometimes at the middle of games, videos or music sound will drop to 0. I tried the headset to other device but no issue at all. I disconnected my headset and use my speaker and same...
  4. Sound drops for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sounds drops for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds drops for no reason: My sound volume in my laptop keeps on dropping for no reason at all. I have Windows 10 and 5 days after updating my Windows I have this issue were my sounds keeps on dropping for no reason. When listening to music I noticed that the sound drops slowly and even while Im...
  6. Sounds drops for no reason

Sounds drops for no reason: My sound volume in my laptop keeps on dropping for no reason at all. I have Windows 10 and 5 days after updating my Windows I have this issue were my sounds keeps on dropping for no reason. When listening to music I noticed that the sound drops slowly and even while Im...
  7. internet speed dropped for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet speed dropped for no reason: my download is all the way down to 3 mbps, i changed no settings to make this happen, it happened on its own after work about 8pm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-dropped-for-no-reason/79e8fa04-14b8-4078-8cfe-e4a6453595a2
  8. internet speed dropped for no reason

internet speed dropped for no reason: my download is all the way down to 3 mbps, i changed no settings to make this happen, it happened on its own after work about 8pm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-dropped-for-no-reason/79e8fa04-14b8-4078-8cfe-e4a6453595a2
  9. internet speed dropped for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. BSOD for unknown reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD for unknown reason: hello Microsoft Service Team, i bought a brand new pc and it is not working properly i tried to find out why but the BlueScreenView App is not helping. So the bug id code is: 0x00000101 I do not know where to upload my minidump file so i made a screenshot for you. thx...