Windows 10: Internet drops during high traffic

Discus and support Internet drops during high traffic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Since I upgraded my Internet connection (from 50/5 Mb to 1000/300 Mb), I have a problem which I can't resolve. When I download a game or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/narcisrm, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Internet drops during high traffic

Hi,

Since I upgraded my Internet connection (from 50/5 Mb to 1000/300 Mb), I have a problem which I can't resolve.

When I download a game or something else at high speed (> 40/50 Mb/s) from Steam, this is the icon Windows shows), but only on my PC, WiFi on my phone keeps working. And the only way to make it work again is by disabling the ethernet adapter and enabling it again or by unplugging and pluggin in the cable. This is something I can do really fast and it works again instantly, so I'm asuming it is not related to the Internet connection, but to my PC.

It doesn't always happen, I may be able to download at 80 Mb/s for minutes, but then it drops. I couldn't really find a pattern to reproduce it.
    I tried disabling power management options of the ethernet adapter on Device Management, but it still happens.
    My motherboard is an MSI Z370 Gaming Plus if that matters.

Does anyone have any idea about what I could try/do? I guess the last option is to do a fresh install of windows.

submitted by /u/narcisrm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/narcisrm, Aug 3, 2020

2. Internet connection drops during high traffic

I have a 1 Mbps internet connection through a router. 
    My PC (running Windows 10) is connected to the router via Ethernet.
    When I download something at high speed (>10MBps or so), the connection drops, and I get an exclamation mark on the network icon, which says "there was a problem assigning an ip" or something like that. 
    It will not reconnect itself.

The easiest fix I've found is to enter sleep mode, then wake it.

The problem appears only on this PC, and there's no problem with the internet connection on the other network devices.

Where should I start troubleshooting this?

Adrian Belzebut, Aug 3, 2020
  3. mael' Win User
    Internet connection drops during high traffic

Try this:

If that does not solve your problem, you may also:

See if that fixes it for you; it worked for me when my ISP made a change to my internet speed and I would disconnect from games consistently.

mael', Aug 3, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Internet drops during high traffic

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Internet drops during high traffic

1. Internet drops during high traffic - Similar Threads - Internet drops during

2. High IPv6 network traffic in non-IPv6 environment.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High IPv6 network traffic in non-IPv6 environment.: [ATTACH] Hi guys, I reinstalled Windows 10 last Friday and I've noticed the System process using very high bandwitdh (~15MB/s DL, ~4MB/s UL). I used TCPView to pin down what kind of connections the process opened and I found out that it is a IPv6 connection from my...
  3. Internet drop outs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  4. Unknown internet traffic

Unknown internet traffic: There is approximately 40% of additional internet traffic waste comparing to what was actually used to browse the web or download. Regardless of the apps, either it's a browser, or a client network app that downloads something, if I download say 10GB, the amount of traffic in...
  5. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: Hello, I am currently at a small village far from my home town, and have to use mobile data. But my internet randomly drops. All I know is that my laptop's the problem, not my phone. Since the internet never works again unless I disconnect and reconnect from my mobile...
  6. Internet keeps dropping

Internet keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps going off and on line. I have restarted my computer and reset the router, troubleshoot the connection and it comes back with no problems. Still getting dropped connections...
  7. How to measure the traffic on my internet line?

How to measure the traffic on my internet line?: How to measure the traffic on my internet line? I couldn’t figure out if there is a simple tool by which we can measure the traffic on the internet line. Thank you Best Jamal [img] 124054
  8. How to measure the traffic on my internet line?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to measure the traffic on my internet line?: How to measure the traffic on my internet line? I couldn’t figure out if there is a simple tool by which we can measure the traffic on the internet line. Thank you Best Jamal [img] 124054
  9. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: During the day, the internet is stable and works fine. I can browse and do everything normally. But in the evening the internet drops and it won't reconnect. I tried restarting my PC and resetting the router but nothing seems to work. A solution would be helpful! 57239
  10. Internet dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet dropping: I don't know if this is a 10 problem or computer problem. My internet will drop every few hours while I am using it. I originally thought it was my cable provider, and most of the time I rebooted my modem, and this seemed to correct the problem. Then I just rebooted the...