Windows 10: Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter)

Discus and support Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a inamax ac1200 wireless adapter and I am on university wifi. I had this same problem last term however I found out that it was because of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan.4, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Dan.4 Win User

Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter)

I am using a inamax ac1200 wireless adapter and I am on university wifi.

I had this same problem last term however I found out that it was because of windows powering down the usb port and after disabling that it was fine. When I started using my computer again this term the problem had returned even though I still had the powering down of usb ports and my wireless adapter disabled.

I have tried many things such as trying to update drivers, uninstalling drivers and a bunch of other things

If I look at task manager after a lag spike it shows send/receive drops to 0 for a couple of seconds. I timed how long was between each lag spike and it was exactly 2 minutes (+-2s but that is probably due to errors in me timing) and this was measured over 14 minutes while I watched a twitch stream.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

:)

Dan.4, Apr 29, 2019

2. Wireless adapter?

What about transfer speeds for internet. If you have a real fast internet connection, will the USB adapter bottleneck your speed, or is is internet even fast enough to max out USB transfer speeds?
    Which is faster, basically, USB wireless or PCI wireless? Is internet

surfsk8snow.jah, Apr 29, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    TRENDnet Releases AC1200 Wireless Adapter with a USB 3.0 Port

TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the AC1200 Dual Band Wireless USB 3.0 Adapter, model TEW-805UB-a Wireless AC adapter with a USB 3.0 port which maintains high speed wireless transmissions to a Windows-based computer.

TRENDnet's TEW-805UB connects to a high performance Wireless AC network at up to 867 Mbps or to a common Wireless N network at up to 300 Mbps. The intuitive installation process takes less than five minutes. A convenient adapter utility stores multiple network settings and prioritizes network connections. A Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button connects the adapter to a wireless network at the touch of the button. This compact adapter is powered by the computer.

Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter) 61a_thm.jpg

Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter) 61b_thm.jpg

Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter) 61c_thm.jpg

"The integration of the first ever USB 3.0 port will not bottleneck tremendous Wireless AC throughput speeds," stated Sonny Su, technology director for TRENDnet. "The adapter also works with common USB 2.0 ports."
    • Wireless: Next generation Wireless AC
    • Dual Band: 867 Mbps Wireless AC or 300 Mbps Wireless N
    • USB: SuperSpeed 5 Gbps USB 3.0 port is backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports
    • Whole Home Coverage: Whole home wireless coverage
    • One Touch Connection: Connect to the router at the touch of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button
    • Form Factor: Compact Wireless AC adapter
    • Compatibility: Windows operating systems

btarunr, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter)

Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter)

1. Internet drops every 2 minutes consistently (usb wireless adapter) - Similar Threads - Internet drops every

2. fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes: so i have a nice enough config to play games at atleast 90-120 fps on medium setting i even get that fps but after like just 2-3 minutes fps drops to 5-10 for like 10 seconds and then back to normal but this keeps happening every 2 minutes its obviously unbearable...
  3. fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes: so i have a nice enough config to play games at atleast 90-120 fps on medium setting i even get that fps but after like just 2-3 minutes fps drops to 5-10 for like 10 seconds and then back to normal but this keeps happening every 2 minutes its obviously unbearable...
  4. Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter - keeps disconnecting from internet every minute...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter - keeps disconnecting from internet every minute...: Hi, I recently upgraded my internet package and I'm now using an eero modem. I'm using a windows 11, Dell Inspiron 5593.When the wi-fi connects to the computer, it disconnects every minute for the next two hours and then somewhat stabilises. My laptop is right next to the...
  5. Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter - keeps disconnecting from internet every minute...

Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter - keeps disconnecting from internet every minute...: Hi, I recently upgraded my internet package and I'm now using an eero modem. I'm using a windows 11, Dell Inspiron 5593.When the wi-fi connects to the computer, it disconnects every minute for the next two hours and then somewhat stabilises. My laptop is right next to the...
  6. WiFi keeps dropping every minute

WiFi keeps dropping every minute: From the first day I bought my PC I've had connectivity issues, but I managed by just running the troubleshooter. However recently, my wifi connection will drop. When I try to reconnect, it says unable to connect to this network. I then go to settings and run the...
  7. 2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.: My older generic USB wireless adapter stopped being able to connect to the internet on my Dell Desktop/ Win10. I have used it on this computer for years. It was working great but then suddenly stopped connecting. It works on other computers just by plugging it in & opening...
  8. Consistent FPS drops in games every 25sec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent FPS drops in games every 25sec: when i play my videogames for some reason my fps drop a lot from 180 to like 30 fps every 25 sec . I dont really know the reason why but i think is because of my CPU . i have noticed when my fps drop in my task manager the percentage of cpu usage in fortnite goes down from...
  9. Wireless Internet Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Internet Adapter: So my PC was lagging as usual and I was in my task manager ending some unnecessary things and I must’ve ended a Network Service or something and now It’s saying it has driver problems but I deleted and re-installed all my drivers and now I can’t connect to the internet....
  10. Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.: I am at my wits end with this nonsense, i'm using Windows 10 and have a shitty realtek 8821AE Wireless that no matter what I do, drops my internet and is turning me into a homicidal maniac. I cannot have this continue, it is ruining projects, college work and everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every 2 minutes iphone drops internet