Windows 10: Internet drops on certain websites

Discus and support Internet drops on certain websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I go to some websites my laptop just loses internet connection. This problem happens exclusively on this device and it also occurs when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daugvydas, Jun 2, 2020.

1. daugvydas Win User

Internet drops on certain websites

When I go to some websites my laptop just loses internet connection. This problem happens exclusively on this device and it also occurs when I am connected to other networks such as mobile hotspot. So, it has nothing to do with my router. What may be the problem? I already tried resetting my network, using different browsers, reinstalling network drivers, troubleshooting, disabling firewall.

This is what happens when I try to enter related websites - https://imgur.com/a/YkEr6SH

Some websites which drops my connection:

nike.com

macys.com

calvinklein.us

aliexpress.com

:)

daugvydas, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 2, 2020
  3. altae Win User
    My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Internet drops on certain websites

Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Internet drops on certain websites

1. Internet drops on certain websites - Similar Threads - Internet drops certain

2. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  3. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  4. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games: I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently started dropping my internet connection after a few hours of playtime and then will shortly reestablish connection within...
  5. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games: I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently started dropping my internet connection after a few hours of playtime and then will shortly reestablish connection within...
  6. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: Hello, I am currently at a small village far from my home town, and have to use mobile data. But my internet randomly drops. All I know is that my laptop's the problem, not my phone. Since the internet never works again unless I disconnect and reconnect from my mobile...
  8. Internet Websites

Internet Websites: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop for my nephews and I wanted to know on how to limit the websites that they can go to? I tried researching about this matter and what I found is only applicable to Microsoft Edge. I would like to know as to how to do this with other...
  9. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: During the day, the internet is stable and works fine. I can browse and do everything normally. But in the evening the internet drops and it won't reconnect. I tried restarting my PC and resetting the router but nothing seems to work. A solution would be helpful! 57239
  10. Internet dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet dropping: I don't know if this is a 10 problem or computer problem. My internet will drop every few hours while I am using it. I originally thought it was my cable provider, and most of the time I rebooted my modem, and this seemed to correct the problem. Then I just rebooted the...