Windows 10: Internet drops out for a short time

Discus and support Internet drops out for a short time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My problem is my internet drops out periodically. It doesn't drop out for a long time but it affects my game playing and streaming. I went through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stub K, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Stub K Win User

Internet drops out for a short time

My problem is my internet drops out periodically. It doesn't drop out for a long time but it affects my game playing and streaming. I went through CenturyLink and they reset my connection and can't find anything so I'm trying to figure if it's on my end. I set up a different pc after a lightning strike fried my modem and pc and use ethernet for my isp. I have a sneaking suspicion it is an old phone jack but CenturyLink says I'm fine. I'm running Windows 10 Home 1803. I'm a historian, not a computer guy, as you can probably tell.

:)

Stub K, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Oldgye Win User

Dropped short cut

Once again I find myself looking for a long used short cut. Apparently Windows 10 and Bing do not like Yahoo. I downloaded 10 and was comfortable navigating around. The next day, I logged on and Yahoo was among the missing. Easy to go to Windows Edge
    and then to Yahoo, but the program will not right click to a drop down and choices of creating a short cut on the desk top. I tried Mr. Smithers fix to get Google Earth back, but yahoo is not listed in the "Apps' section. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Oldgye, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Internet drops out for a short time

Display Time and Date on Task Bar?

We appreciate the information you've provided Richard. We would like to ask, does it happen when you use a different user profile on your computer?

We suggest that you check the date and time formats set on your computer. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Time & language.
    • Click on Date & time.
    • Under format, click the Change date and time formats link.
    • Use the Short name drop-down menu to select the date format you want to see in the Taskbar.
    • Use the Short time drop-down menu to select the time format you want to see along with the date.
    • Close Settings.

After these steps, see if the date will appear on the Taskbar.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

PreciousLeb, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Internet drops out for a short time

1. Internet drops out for a short time - Similar Threads - Internet drops short

2. Internet Constantly lagging / dropping out mulitple times a day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Constantly lagging / dropping out mulitple times a day.: Using a tp-link archer t4u.Recently had issues and now the current issues is it will drop out and in event viewer constantly show the following every second for about 5 minutes at a time not an exaggerationWLAN Extensibility Module has stopped unexpectedly.Module Path:...
  3. Internet Constantly lagging / dropping out mulitple times a day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Constantly lagging / dropping out mulitple times a day.: Using a tp-link archer t4u.Recently had issues and now the current issues is it will drop out and in event viewer constantly show the following every second for about 5 minutes at a time not an exaggerationWLAN Extensibility Module has stopped unexpectedly.Module Path:...
  4. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  5. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  6. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet drop outs

Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  8. Internet Dropping out

Internet Dropping out: My windows 10 desk top is connected to my router via cable NOT WI_FI. Windows regularly disconnects briefly telling me that there is no internet. This is not true because other devices on the same network continue to function. Is this a known issue?...
  9. Internet Keeps Dropping Out

Internet Keeps Dropping Out: I recently got a new PC and realized that there is a problem with the internet. I have an ethernet cable plugged in but every few minutes or so, my internet will drop for a second or 2 and come right back on. This is the same ethernet cable and everything I have been using on...
  10. Problem with internet drop outs

Problem with internet drop outs: My boys who live with their mum have sky fibre 38mb download, 9mb upload & it stays connected no issue's what so ever. However the sky black router is only b/g 54g. So wifi won't be great. But it's wired up to a duel band router 300mbps & it works great. However a small...