Windows 10: Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power

Discus and support Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, My internet drops out if the computer is not connected to power. Running the trouble shooter suggests that an ethernet cable is unplugged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JS Melb, Apr 5, 2019.

1. JS Melb Win User

Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power

Hi all,

My internet drops out if the computer is not connected to power.

Running the trouble shooter suggests that an ethernet cable is unplugged.

But I am connected to wifi?

:)

JS Melb, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Gramps Win User

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Muffy Win User
    Internet connection dropping

You may want to check that the computer is not putting the Network Adapter to sleep:

Use the following steps to open Device Manager:

1. Type Control Panel in the search box.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Click Device Manager.

Right-click the network adapter(that keeps getting turned off), and select Properties.

Go to the Power Management Tab> uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”, and press OK.

Muffy, Apr 5, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power - Similar Threads - Internet drops computer

2. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  3. Internet drop outs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  4. Internet Dropping out

Internet Dropping out: My windows 10 desk top is connected to my router via cable NOT WI_FI. Windows regularly disconnects briefly telling me that there is no internet. This is not true because other devices on the same network continue to function. Is this a known issue?...
  5. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: I have a dual boot desktop Windows 10 Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate. Both versions are installed on separate ssd hard drives. I never have a problem with Windows 7 dropping my internet connection. but do have this problem with Windows 10. I could run for days without any problems...
  6. Dropping Internet Connection

Dropping Internet Connection: Hi Everyone, hope everyone is well, I wonder if anyone could give me some help, I am asking for my sister as I will be doing the task. She has been having problems with her internet connection, as the laptop keeps dropping her internet connection, I have taken a look at the...
  7. Internet connection keeps dropping out

Internet connection keeps dropping out: With out warning connection is lost cause the default Gateway is not available according to the checker. Still trying to sort that out and machine keeps crashing and freezing Any help would be grateful...
  8. Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out

Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out: My Surface connects to the internet only sporadically, lasting merely minutes. On the other hand, the Apple devices and Android mobiles--and my gaming rig--never drop out. How can I improve my Surface's connectivity?...
  9. Computer keeps dropping Internet connection

Computer keeps dropping Internet connection: I bought a used computer and since I have attached it to my network I have had nothing but problems. First it seems as thought it was acting as a DHCP server somehow as some devices when connecting to my network would pick up the IP address of this new computer as the default...
  10. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my internection drops out every time that my laptop is not in continual use. The connection actually says: "connect automatically" but it still goes off every time I leave my laptop for longer than 10 minutes or so. This is frustrating,...