Windows 10: Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ?

Discus and support Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have little window poping up on desktop when I go to outlook. says it is Internet email & my name. Say Server: p37-imap.mail.me.com. Then give user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisBurchett, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ?

Have little window poping up on desktop when I go to outlook. says it is Internet email & my name. Say Server: p37-imap.mail.me.com. Then give user name and then asks for a password. Tried all the PW I can think of and won't go away. Any idea what they are asking for? I can still use Outlook but that little window is always there.

:)

DennisBurchett, Jul 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 mail app setting wrong "From" address when sending mail via IMAP

Hi Bastian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer.

Most account settings are detected automatically by the Mail app after you enter your email address and password. If your email provider uses the IMAP protocol and the Mail app can’t find settings for your email address, follow
    the steps below to configure account settings manually for your IMAP account.

Important: You may need to contact your email account provider to get the account settings you need to add your email account to the Mail app.

Go to Start Windows logo, and select Mail.

Step 2: In the bottom-left corner, select Settings > Accounts > Add account.

Step 3: Select other account > IMAP > Connect.

Step 4: Enter your email address and password, and select Connect.

The Mail app will try to determine your email account settings. If the Mail app can’t locate your account, you’ll see the message "We still can’t find settings for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***."

You will be asked to provide the following additional information:

•User name

•Password

•Incoming (IMAP) email server name

•Incoming (IMAP) email server port

•Outgoing (IMAP) email server name

•Outgoing (IMAP) email server port

Note

For email server information, contact your email provider.

If Use the same username and password to send and receive email is unchecked, you’ll see two additional text fields—Username and Password—for the outgoing email server (SMTP).

Step 5: Enter the information, and select Connect.

When the Mail app finds your account, it will add the new account to your list of available accounts.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Configuring IMAP with Windows 10 Mail

How do I plug in impa port names username password as well as the SMTP port in the Windows 10 mail app?

Let me know. Having major issues. Keep in mind the server is from inmotionhosting.com and its my email server.

best,

Maximillian

Secure SSL/TLS Settings

(Recommended)

Username:
    ......@.......

Password:
    Use your cPanel password.

Incoming Server:
    secure1
    • IMAP Port:
    • POP3 Port:

Outgoing Server:
    secure1
    • SMTP Port:

Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

Maximilliann, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ?

cannot add my biz email account to my windows 10 new computer Imap

Hi Dorothy

Launch Mail

Click the Settings icon

Click Accounts

Click Add Account

Under Choose an account, click Advanced setup at the bottom of the list

Click Internet email

Enter Internet email account settings

Incoming email server: enter your imap server address.

Account type: IMAP4

Email address: Your imap email address

User name: Your email address

Password: Your email password

Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: usually mail.servername.com

Outgoing server requires authentication: Yes

Use the same username and password for sending mail: Yes

Require SSL for incoming mail: Yes

Require SSL for outgoing mail: Yes

Click Sign-in

Andre for Directly, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ?

1. Internet email--popup menu..server p37-imap.mail,me.com....wants password. what is this ? - Similar Threads - Internet email popup

2. Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.: When I enter in the details for my work email on my Surface Laptop 2, it is stuck on "Finding your settings" or "creating account" indefinitely. I have tried doing this through Settings, or through the Mail app, and I encounter the same problem each time. Everything is...
  3. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  4. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  5. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?: I'm trying to boot to a command prompt using the advanced startup menu. I select my account (email address) then it insists on a password. I've tried my pin and my microsoft password and both are rejected. What does it want, or how can I get around this? submitted by...
  7. imap password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    imap password: My imap password got lost and I don't get my mail . HOW TO GET A NEW IMAP PASSWORD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imap-password/8cfd2dd9-11c8-46df-805d-5eddd28c3763
  8. New imap email

New imap email: Hi I am running a second email and following a message to say the email has been set up I then get a message to say my details are out of date. I then try to reset the password and it still keeps coming up with Action Required. Can you help....
  9. MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc: MS Outlook 365 will not let me change a password in the settings for one of my IMAP e-mail accounts. Settings page in Win 10 64 Pro will not let me change password either. I know new password is correct as my main email client is Evolution running under Ubuntu 18.10 (I have...
  10. IMAP Password

IMAP Password: How can I find my imap password or reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imap-password/33f74dc8-77bb-4406-a342-7a9df4a7a07d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. p37-imap.mail.me.com

2. p37-imap.mail.me.com for windows