Windows 10: Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

Discus and support Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christian Hash, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently started dropping my internet connection after a few hours of playtime and then will shortly reestablish connection within about 5 minutes. I tried reaching out to my ISP Spectrum and they weren’t able to provide any substantial solution so I tried replacing my router with a gaming-grade router which has improved speeds but has not stopped the connection from dropping periodically. My next thought was that it could be related to the computer ge

:)

Christian Hash, Aug 4, 2022
  2. netuser78 Win User

Ethernet Connection Occasionally Drops

On occasion my ethernet connection drops and an auto-configuration address gets assigned by Windows 10. I purchased an ethernet card thinking the problem with the ethernet that is built into the motherboard, but the ethernet connection still randomly drops. The ethernet connection will randomly start working again. Yes, I disabled the onboard ethernet in the BIOS, so conflicts would not be an issue. I have no idea if the issue can be fixed or not. I have had this issue since I purchased this used computer in 2019. If it is the motherboard, then I will just live it with until the computer is replaced. I realize the issue is probably not easily fixable, but any suggestions will be appreciated. The DNS shown is the DNS of my VPN provider. Let me know if you need any other information.

Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games [​IMG]

Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games [​IMG]

netuser78, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Skrelp Win User
    Internet drops whenever I play a steam game

I'm having this weird issue on my new Laptop. Whenever I play a Steam game that's connected to the internet (e.g. Rocket League or Slay The Spire with Twitch Integration enabled) my internet seems to drop below 1 Mbit/s up and down. This seems to only affect my Laptop though. The Internet connection for e.g. my Phone is still stable. I'm using WiFi for both.
    This seems to happen only for games I bought on Steam. However, I don't have to start them through Steam for my internet to drop. E.g. Starting Slay The Spire through the jar with Twitch Integration enabled also causes the internet to drop. If Twitch Integration is disabled, no drop happens.

Also testing with MoonLighter yielded the following result: Starting the game normally causes the internet to drop. However, if I block the Game in the Windows Firewall, the internet connection is unaffected if I open the game.

Speedtest on my Laptop with no Steam game open:
    Screenshot
    (26.7 Mbit/s down / 9.01 Mbit/s up)

Speedtest with RocketLeague open (Only in the Main Menu without joining a game):
    Screenshot (0.53 Mbit/s down / 0.20 Mbit/s up)

After googling a bit I found this tip that states turning off flow control is a potential fix. This did not work for me.

My Laptop has two different Network adapters: Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

If anyone knows a way to fix this or why it is happening please speak up. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Skrelp, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Pandalaut Win User

Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

Hi, I've been having problem of my games (any games) getting fps drops after ~5 minutes (this is almost exactly 5 minutes) in the game while having my PC connected to the internet. As far as I know there is nothing wrong about my PC hardware - no throttling etc (temp is always under 60C for both GPU and CPU, when having fps drop or not).

The fps drop happens in every games I play whenever I'm connected to the internet, no matter I'm actually playing multiplayer mode or just playing in single player with my pc connected to the internet. When I disable my internet connection, there is no fps drop whatsoever. The fps drops can be solved by alt-tabbing out the game and then back in. This problem is very annoying as I need to constantly alt-tab in and out of the game every 5 minutes to avoid fps drops.

I've tried reverting GPU drivers and uninstalling windows update to no avail. I've made sure the power settings in the NVidia control panel to be on Maximum Performance and Windows is using Ryzen Balanced settings.

Is there anything I should check? What info I should provide to help you give the answer? Is there any known solution to this problem?

Here's my pc spec:
    Windows 10 pro 1903 build 18362.295 (latest update installed: August 2019 cumulative updates)
    Ryzen 5 1600 (non-OC, 3.2GHz)
    Biostar B350GTN
    2x8Gb Corsair LPX DDR4 2666MHz
    Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512Gb NVME drive
    Asus GTX 1060 6Gb using driver ver 431.60

Pandalaut, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

1. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games - Similar Threads - Internet Ethernet connection

2. No internet when connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet when connected to ethernet: Hi, i just bought asus z590 tuf with 11700k couple fo weeks ago. Was using wifi it was working fine. When connected to the ethernet cable. It was working fine for a moment speedtest was also showing good speeds. Than internet pretty much stopped working via ethernet. Youtube...
  3. No internet when connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet when connected to ethernet: Hi, i just bought asus z590 tuf with 11700k couple fo weeks ago. Was using wifi it was working fine. When connected to the ethernet cable. It was working fine for a moment speedtest was also showing good speeds. Than internet pretty much stopped working via ethernet. Youtube...
  4. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games: I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently started dropping my internet connection after a few hours of playtime and then will shortly reestablish connection within...
  5. Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Ethernet connection drops when playing certain games: I am asking about an issue I’m having with my gaming PC that I built a couple years ago. I’ve been playing 2 specific games lately and it has recently started dropping my internet connection after a few hours of playtime and then will shortly reestablish connection within...
  6. Ethernet connectivity while playing certain multiplayer games.

Ethernet connectivity while playing certain multiplayer games.: I have been having issues playing many games multiplayer recently this year. First I started having problems with Forza Horizon 4, then I just gave up on it and thought it was only that game. But then I noticed it was happening in Rocket League too, but way less frequently...
  7. Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use the Internet when I play certain games: Hi, I am having a strange problem that began yesterday completely out of the blue and I need assistance because I'm at my wits end on what else can be done to resolve it. To start off I am using Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit running off of a wireless connection at home and...
  8. Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet: Hi, I've been having problem of my games (any games) getting fps drops after ~5 minutes (this is almost exactly 5 minutes) in the game while having my PC connected to the internet. As far as I know there is nothing wrong about my PC hardware - no throttling etc (temp is...
  9. Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

in Windows 10 Support
    Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet: Hi, I've been having problem of my games (any games) getting fps drops after ~5 minutes (this is almost exactly 5 minutes) in the game while having my PC connected to the internet. As far as I know there is nothing wrong about my PC hardware - no throttling etc (temp is...
  10. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection: This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too. I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the...