Windows 10: Internet/Ethernet

Discus and support Internet/Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just had to reset my router because I couldn’t remember my security key. I got my phone and laptop reconfigured. Now my desktop is having an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nana 2 three, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Internet/Ethernet

I just had to reset my router because I couldn’t remember my security key. I got my phone and laptop reconfigured. Now my desktop is having an issue where the Ethernet is still using the old name and the internet is using the new name. When I ran troubleshooter, it says “Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.

I can get on some sites, like email and Facebook, but when I try to go to iolo.com or try to run a scan I get an error message saying that “This site can’t be reached

Iolo.com’s server IP address could not be found”

hoping someone can help

:)

Nana 2 three, Apr 3, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Internet/Ethernet install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Internet/Ethernet pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Internet/Ethernet select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Internet/Ethernet Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Apr 3, 2020
  4. WBBarnett Win User

Internet/Ethernet

"No Internet Access" on Ethernet and Wireless - Windows 10

Steps taken to resolve:

• Downloaded from Realtek and installed Windows 10 driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family device
    • reset winsock and ip4 and ip6.
    • reset DNS cache
    • forced media connection by changing ip4 to fixed ip address, gateway, and dns server. Able to ping other devices on network - including gateway, but could not connect to internet. Diagnose unable to find issue with connection.
      • "ipconfig /release" message is "no operation can be performed on (adapter name) while it has its media disconnected."
    • when using DHCP, do not receive response from default gateway, so ipconfig has strange addresses. Diagnose returns:
      • "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    • all other computers on network able to use DHCP for addresses.

trudging through topics on tech forum(s) to find other solutions. Need suggestions on resolution.

WBBarnett, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Internet/Ethernet

1. Internet/Ethernet - Similar Threads - Internet Ethernet

2. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?: Hello, I am asking how to fix how I am not able to access the internet after doing a factory reset because my computer kept looping in the diagnostics area and I can't search in microsoft edge or browsers since it just keeps saying "Server IP adress could not be found" , My...
  3. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?: Hello, I am asking how to fix how I am not able to access the internet after doing a factory reset because my computer kept looping in the diagnostics area and I can't search in microsoft edge or browsers since it just keeps saying "Server IP adress could not be found" , My...
  4. How To Fix Ethernet Saying "No Internet Access" After Windows 10 Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  6. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  7. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

8. My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...

My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...: My internet not working on my desktop I connected my ethernet cable to router it's light blinking but not connected on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-not-working-i-cannect-my-ethernet/d50a06b3-1c9f-496a-bdf3-9a1bc3d56ba6
  9. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  10. No internet connection through ethernet

No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...