Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 and Edge seems to run all the time since install of v2004

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 and Edge seems to run all the time since install of v2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use CCleaner to clean my system on a regular basis. Since I installed v2004, CCleaner tells me I have to close IE to delete the cookies. When I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChuckV1, Sep 19, 2020.

1. ChuckV1 Win User

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge seems to run all the time since install of v2004

I use CCleaner to clean my system on a regular basis. Since I installed v2004, CCleaner tells me I have to close IE to delete the cookies. When I go into task manager, I see no indication that IE or Edge are running and therefore those files are skipped. Is this the way v2004 is supposed to be, or can I stop IE and Edge from running in the background?

cv

:)

ChuckV1, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer as well as Edge crashes multiple times

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand you are facing crashing issues on both the Edge browser as well as Internet Explorer. This might be due to corruption on the browsers. I suggest you to clear and reset the browser settings and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Further try resetting Edge and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

1. First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

2. After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings”
    option.

3. Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

4. Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like

• Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 19, 2020
  4. John_1868 Win User

Reinstalling Internet Explorer 11

• Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and features.
    • Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11.
    • Then click on Display installed updates.
    • Search for Internet explorer.
    • Right-click on Internet Explorer 11 > Uninstall.
    Restart computer

I'm obviously having trouble running without it but I'm running Chrome and it operates fine, Edge does not work. IE is gone as far as I can tell, no searches shows it to be installed.

John_1868, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer 11 and Edge seems to run all the time since install of v2004 - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Edge

2. Why do all fresh Windows installations run IEXPLORE.EXE Internet Explorer still ?!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do all fresh Windows installations run IEXPLORE.EXE Internet Explorer still ?!?: I've got dozens of Windows 10 computers at my disposal on separate networks installed using separate media... Every installation of Windows including fresh installations with latest patches all have an IEXPLORE.EXE process and sub-process running under DCOMLAUNCH process and...
  3. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  4. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  5. mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11

mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11: I am using a ford site for work and I need just internet explorer 11 and for some reason it keeps changing over to Microsoft edge and then I cant get my work done because the site is not compatible with edge! so how do I fix this?? both of my laptops are new and use windows...
  6. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  7. Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.: I use IE and Edge mainly because some sites do not seem to work well in IE now. I like IE and have a hundred or more favourites saved in folders. I recently imported these to Edge but I have a small problem. If I save a new favourite to IE I then have to repeat the process in...
  8. Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time: Good day to all. My son has a HP255G6 laptop its about 18 months old working okay. 8gb ram 250ssd, Lately the issue is the fans are running most of the time. He has cleaned the outlet on the side of the laptop and sprayed the compressed air that you can purchase for pc...
  9. internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?: hi just installed windows 10 onto my acer p3 tablet/lap top . with it comes microsoft edge (which i'm not overly impressed with) , internet explorer which i still need/use for some applications mainly sky go for tv programs etc seems to have disappeared with even the icon...
  10. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738