Windows 10: Internet Explorer 11 Crash uxtheme.dll

Discus and support Internet Explorer 11 Crash uxtheme.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Pro version 1809 (OS Build 17763.379) IE11 version 11.379.17763.0 While using Internet Explorer, it will intermittently crash. Usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MS Shift, Mar 19, 2019.

1. MS Shift Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Crash uxtheme.dll

IE11 version 11.379.17763.0

While using Internet Explorer, it will intermittently crash. Usually occurs when I go to press a link or a button or something that will refresh or change the page or open a new window. It will hang/freeze for a second or two and then crash and either restart or I will have to reopen IE and it will ask to restore due to crash. It is occurring on multiple W10 computers of the latest update. It started happening a few months ago when I did update to 1809.

Error from Event Viewer:
    Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 11.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x30cbb117
    Faulting module name: uxtheme.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x4b037c22
    Exception code: 0xc0000420
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000014a0c
    Faulting process id: 0x36d4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4de761bcea4fa
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll
    Report Id: 02f3e84d-6a63-473a-b6fd-eaad6f1ccabd
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

MS Shift, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Arul_D, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet Explorer 11 Crash uxtheme.dll - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Crash

2. Internet Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Explorer keeps crashing: I get an error Sysfader:iexplorer.exe I am running Windows 10 laptop and Internet Explorer11. But on Windows 7 laptop I don’t have this problem. Thanks, Ester...
  3. Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening

Internet Explorer 11 Crashes Immediately Upon Opening: This just started to be a problem on two computers I oversee. As soon as you open IE11 you get a white screen - not responding - and then about 20 seconds later it closes. I have tried everything except for a fresh install... I've reset IE to default, I've uninstalled by...
  4. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  5. Internet Explorer crashing (Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll)

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer crashing (Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll): We have a problem with Internet Explorer crashing several times a day. Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll seems to cause this. Here is the event: Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x6639744d Faulting module name: Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll,...
  6. Internet Explorer crashing (Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll)

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer crashing (Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll): We have a problem with Internet Explorer crashing several times a day. Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll seems to cause this. Here is the event: Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x6639744d Faulting module name: Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll,...
  7. Internet Explorer 11 crash couple times a day

Internet Explorer 11 crash couple times a day: How do I prevent Internet Explorer 11 from crashing multiple times a day, I have a new pc running Win 10 Pro, the message is "internet explorer has stopped responding" IE 11 start crashing after windows update few months ago. Already clear cache, history, disable addons,...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  9. Internet Explorer crashed yesterday.

Internet Explorer crashed yesterday.: How do I restore IE 11 on Windows 10 home 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/internet-explorer-crashed-yesterday/d8cf021c-e025-4bd4-a6da-d3d4aacb5cb5
  10. Internet Explorer Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Crashing: This seems to be happening to quite a few people on Windows 10 it seems. It has started happening to me too lately. It happens when, say, I have one tab open to the forums, and I open another to get an image from Bing Images to make a point, or just for fun(those who know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uxtheme.dll ie crash

2. ie version 11.379

3. internet explorer 11 version 11.379.17763.0

4. uxtheme dll 0xc0000420 ,
  5. uxtheme.dll,
  6. uxtheme.dll 0xc0000420,
  7. Faulting application name: iexplore.exe version: 11.0.17763.1 time stamp: 0x30cbb117,
  8. uxtheme.dll internet explorer,
  9. download latest internet explorer 11.379.17763.0,
  10. IE11 uxtheme.dll,
  11. uxtheme.dll crash windows 10,
  12. internetexplorer version 11.0.17763,
  13. IE explorer version: 11.0.17763.1 crash,
  14. internet explorer crash uxtheme.dll,
  15. internet explorer uxtheme.dll